PDA

View Full Version : New generation of video games consoles

Casper
05-16-2006, 06:58 PM
I don't think the Nintendo Wii or the Microsoft X box 360 will compete well to Sony Playstation 3.

Which video games console would you rather have?

Will
05-16-2006, 07:51 PM
From the point of view of someone who refuses to get addicted to them, I think they're all going to carry on doing well. The few times I've played on any of the above, I've become immersed in them so much that hours can pass without me noticing. They are immensely fun, but far too addictive I think.

David Courtney
05-17-2006, 12:33 AM
If I had to choose, I'd pick the PS3, since I think it will have the largest range of games.
I'll stick to my PC for now though :)

Casper
05-18-2006, 09:56 AM
What kind of video games do you like to play?

I quite like the Command and Conquer series. Anyone dare challenge me over the internet?

David Courtney
05-18-2006, 10:01 PM
Command and Conquer series is alright, but a bit light, I prefer games like Hearts of Iron.
On a multiplayer note, I'm unbeaten on Dawn of War multiplayer, even on 2 vs. 2 :D
3 vs. 1 was too much, however.

Bruv
05-21-2006, 12:00 AM
Mind numbing.......all of em

David Courtney
05-21-2006, 01:18 AM
Elves.
That is all.

Casper
05-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Mind numbing.......all of em

Yeah..............but still fun.

The Relic
05-26-2006, 09:39 AM
On World Of Warcraft I'm a Night Elf druid called Bugrat and an Undead warlock called PoorMeg.

On Everquest 2 I'm a half-elf warlock called Lightmare.

On Star Wars Galaxies I'm a Mon Calamari smuggler called Auntie Wainright (she used to be a trader).

Good job I only need five hours of sleep a night, isn't it?

David Courtney
05-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Oh no. Relic, I'm afraid you've proved why MMORPGs should not be made...non-gamers play them!!!
Games should be for gamers, this is why they get crapper and dumber, they're made to appeal to the mass-market.
I WANT ELVESSSSSSSS.
And magic.

had_enough
05-26-2006, 03:54 PM
ps2 is my console and hopefully ps3...when its available......
I have to fight with family members to get a chance to play a game.

Comparing xbox with ps3.....ps3 has the edge

The Relic
05-27-2006, 01:20 AM
Who's a non-gamer? I'm hardcore, man. This PC is running two SLIed 7800GTs!

I was playing computer games before you were born, wrote text/graphic adventures for the Spectrum and got so good at the original Unreal Tournament on my day that I had to give it up, because I got fed up of being accused of cheating (musicians are often good at FPSs because they tend to have fast hands).

If you think Everquest 2 is for non-gamers, then you've never played it: its gameplay can be as involved as you wish, if you put the effort in. Star Wars Galaxies has dumbed down a little since its revamp, but can still be challenging, especially if you play as a trader. World of Warcraft is good, visceral fun, but you still need your wits about you to pull from mobs etc.

David Courtney
05-27-2006, 01:55 AM
You pwned me so damn bad.
You have SLIed 7800GTs...
I have a bloody 9700!
And my Celeron 2.8Gig processor is crappy at running any thing other than IE.