PDA

View Full Version : Dance Fatty

Will
12-04-2006, 12:38 PM
Obese people are to get free dance lessons off the NHS! And here was me thinking it would be cheaper to say, "Start jogging and stop suffing your face with crap or you'll die."

I say we need a massive fat tax, it's the one tax legislation I would support.

Sid
12-04-2006, 01:46 PM
I don't agree with this. If they can get a free form of exercise because they are fat I should get free gym membership.
Fat people cost the NHS more money anyway so because I save them money they should pay for my membership to encourage me to continue going to the gym.

Never mind about paying for dance classes for fatties I think the NHS should charge people for their services if the treatment they receive is as I direct consequence of being fat.

And before any fatties get annoyed; yes, I do know that not everyone can help being fat, they have a 'medical' condition.

Will
12-04-2006, 02:15 PM
And before any fatties get annoyed; yes, I do know that not everyone can help being fat, they have a 'medical' condition.

My responce to that is, 'How come you never see anyone in Ethiopia with this medical condition?'

Sid
12-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Yeah. Gave me a good laugh that did. (obviously not the famine situation)

I watched a program once about people with a weight problem. In it they were blaming all sorts from a bad upbringing to being abused when they were kids.

Now I'm not trying to say these things wouldn't make someone depressed, because I'm sure they would, but one lady who blamed her glands on her being over 20 stone let it slip that the weight gradually piled on after she got married. She even said that until she got married she was always a size 8.

It's more likely that once she was married she thought she didn't need to put the effort into keeping her weight down because she already had her man!
The person conducting the show though didn't pick up on it, they didn't even hear me shouting at the TV.

Will
12-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Sorry, new toy syndrome. :D

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/COZxLSaejpU"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/COZxLSaejpU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/COZxLSaejpU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Will
12-04-2006, 04:16 PM
I think the presenter may have been tongue in cheek, but he was saying we shouldn't discriminate against fat people. OF COURSE WE SHOULD!

Fat people are a burden on society, and there is no excuse for being fat.

Sid
12-04-2006, 05:06 PM
Fat people are a burden on society, and there is no excuse for being fat.
Just like smokers and drinkers.

Will
12-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Just like smokers and drinkers.

Exactly! Maybe we need legislation against people over eating in public! We already have one coming up for smokers, and we already have one for drinking, it's just no one obeys or enforces it!

StreetPee
12-04-2006, 10:12 PM
I hate fat peolpe who claim "it's my glands". Bollocks, you don't get something from nothing. I'm overweight, partly genetic, mostly because I like calories. My problem. Oh, I like a drink too.

Bruv
12-05-2006, 01:12 AM
I think you are just being provacative Will.....

Of course we should all be slim and fit, and not smoke, and not over indulge alcohol....or drive too fast.....but we do.
Its all down to education.....Jamie Oliver is working on it.
I would suspect anorexia comes close to causing as many problems as obesity.
Its all about lifestyle....and that is all about educating people...medical conditions apart.
I am slim by the way...svelte in fact....with a middle aged paunch.
Middle age.....spread....thats my excuse.

Will
12-05-2006, 02:54 AM
Obesity is on the rise not on the fall, and it's never the persons own fault. They are a huge drain on the NHS (and I'm willing to bet it's nowhere near as much for anorexics), and I don't think dancing lessons at even more expense are going to solve the country's fat problems. Is that being provacative, or is that a pretty fair assumption?

It's funny you should mention Jamie Oliver, because he's actually on the right track. This was debated on most radio stations today, and by and large they said the one thing that's going to cut down obesity is better diets. That's two good reasons for having a fat tax, one the fatties won't buy as much lard, and secondly if they do at least their paying for their own multiple-bypass.

Bruv
12-05-2006, 03:19 AM
With a KFC and a Mcdonalds on every other corner....who needs lard ?
Nobody has lard these days....except for their fried bread....

It is all about better diet....... the parents are in the front line...and they are too busy earning money to feed their kids properly.....but then they have no time to prepare the food...... a classic Catch 22 situation.
The question is where do you start?

Casper
12-05-2006, 10:09 AM
...probably start by abolishing the silly excuse that people don't have enough time for anything. People should make time.

Will
12-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Stir Fries, 15 minutes to prepare, 20 minutes to cook, and they taste absolutely fantastic. Veg curries aren't too much hassel either. Ratatouie is good too, and you can get it in a can. Chicken & Pasta, soups.

That's a few quick meals I can think of which are quite healthy. Trouble is, they're still not as quick as instand meals.

Casper
12-05-2006, 01:32 PM
Stop Will, you are making me hungry.

Anyway, about the pros and cons of instant meals. People are getting too lazy and there is a lot of food ignorance. All kids know is chips and burgers. A recent study revealed that British kids are the most 'food ignorant' in Europe (no surprise), unable to name more than a few vegetables.

Sid
12-05-2006, 04:06 PM
number of obese people;
About 2 in 5 adults are overweight, and about a further 1 in 5 are obese. The number of obese people in the UK is rising, particularly among young adults. Since 1980, the number of obese adults in the UK has nearly tripled. This has been called the 'obesity epidemic'.
If we work it out using the information above and take that adult population as being 40,000,000 then we get 32 per 100,000 who are clinically obese. Far more than those who are anorexic.
These are deaths from coronary heart disease of under 75's;
while the England average has fallen from 109 to 54 per 100,000.
The cost;
NHS spends approximately 500m a year on treating obesity which could be costing the economy 3.5bn a year by 2010.
Anorexia;
In 2000 the incidence of anorexia diagnosed in primary care was 4.7 per 100,000 population

I hope that clears up any doubts some of you seem to have.

skinny
12-05-2006, 06:45 PM
I think you are just being provacative Will.....

You're not wrong Bruv, mister self righteous is having his own little giggle at fat bastards expense.

I would suspect anorexia comes close to causing as many problems as obesity.

Excellent point again....should we all be perfect, could we all be perfect?

Its all about lifestyle....and that is all about educating people...medical conditions apart.

Which mostly starts at home Bruv.

I tell you what Bruv in my head i would've used the word you don't like with gusto at this thread. Some fucking idiots think this is a big talking point about what is costing our country money...fucking save it for some one who cares.

I remember fat bastards at my school and some actually claimed to have a medical cause for being fat, THEY, were bullied to fuck. I also remember fat bastards that were in with the in crowd that weren't bullied, why?

I am blessed with a metabolism that lets me eat drink smoke take drugs and not put one single ounce on, Sid will verify that, and i fell for some of these fat bastards that suffer for making the same choices as me.

fUCKING TAX 'EM, KISS MY ARSE.

Have a look at the government who reap the taxes in the first place, and second fucking place.

David Courtney
12-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Hmm.

skinny
12-05-2006, 07:37 PM
More hmm's 'ey, very intelligent Wolfie. Why don't you just ignore me you dickhead.

David Courtney
12-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Or I could carry on pissing you off.

skinny
12-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Hang on Dave, i take that dickhead back...and most of the swear words in my first post...but i still think it is a stupid suggestion to try and tax fat bastards.

Do we tax Bulemia sufferers, Anorexia sufferers, self harmers, Pill addicts, alcoholics, steroid freaks.....i'm sure i will think of a few more, illegal immigrants, suicide attempters, accidents at work..think about it.

I'm sorry but i find the whole argument stupid.....

shall we tax the parents of fat bastards

shall we tax society as a whole

That's my rant over. If i have offended any of the above tough, sort your heads out.

skinny
12-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Or I could carry on pissing you off.

Yeah, crack on mate.

I take back my taking back of that dickhead then.

Bruv
12-05-2006, 08:27 PM
You are over cooking your stir fries Will....destroying the vitamin content.
Preparation should be the longest part.

I agree that my conjecture (conjecture ?...yikes) about anorexia was over the top, but they are both eating disorders and should be looked at with the same degree of concern.
If you have ever watched the TV program Mummy we are killing the Kids...or something like that.....it is all down to education.
Not simply educating the brain but the stomach as well.
I take my coffee black with no sugar and cannot eat white bread......many think my tastes are strange....but it was a conscious effort to drop sugar and bleached flour from my diet.I am not a health freak and enjoy a fry up more than anything.
We must educate the kids ....who will educate their parents.

skinny
12-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Hey Will, i watched the last ten minutes of a programme last night called "F*** off i'm fat" on BBC 3 i think it was. I caught it as five fatties were going round Blackpool pleasure showing how they were being discriminated against.

Five out of the six major rides wouldn't accommodate them ( the fat bastards wouldn't fit in the seats). That wasn't really there gripe, there gripe was that there weren't any fatty spotters watching the queues or sample seats for them to try and get into rather than que up for an hour+ only to get told they won't fit.

After leaving the funfair they craved their "own" and whent to a fat night club, and low and behold the exact same footage from your vid in post 5 came up along with a load more...