04-23-2008, 03:36 PM
please expand your argument?
I'm not arguing... it was a question!!
The Guy is a bit weird....:coco:

poppy
04-23-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm not arguing... it was a question!!
The Guy is a bit weird....:coco:

I am not arguing either, what makes you say he is weird? in what way?

Obviously not a .....
04-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Dawkins has been quoted as saying he has tried Astral projection :hide:

And also has said in an interview that he would be more comfortable
Believing in a superior being from a more advanced world, rather than
Religious doctrines of old.

Xenu !! :fantastisch_01:

He has also been quoted as saying the Catholic religion is tantamount to child abuse.

Darwin's rottweiler :dogrun:

I think he has a very unscientific view on humanities, and bullies easy targets.

poppy
04-23-2008, 06:19 PM
I really don't know much about him bu having brought up and educated in a convent I completely agree wit him on this

He has also been quoted as saying the Catholic religion is tantamount to child abuse.

Obviously not a .....
04-23-2008, 06:48 PM
I really don't know much about him bu having brought up and educated in a convent I completely agree wit him on this

I wasn't in a convent,:angel: But if it was a Mosque I'm sure he'd get sued for saying that.

poppy
04-23-2008, 07:03 PM
doesn't make his comment any less justified.

StreetPee
04-23-2008, 09:08 PM

With that, I totally agree!

poppy
04-23-2008, 09:18 PM
not to mention this
Pope apologises for child abuse - Radio Netherlands Worldwide - English (http://www.radionetherlands.nl/currentaffairs/region/northamerica/080417-pope-usa)

Obviously not a .....
04-24-2008, 04:48 PM
My view is people are bad, not religion.
Religion still has its place in society.
There are some bad apples, but you
shouldn't throw out the whole barrel.

Obviously not a .....
04-27-2008, 12:10 PM
http://forums.newdoom.com/images/smilies/tumbleweed.gif

Replacing religious dogma with atheistic dogma still leaves us with the problems of dogmatism.

skinny
04-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Hey Not, try quoting things that you disagree with and then there might be an argument...'cause as far as i can see you are talking shite...state your case withouht assuming or picking off other peoples thouhts you fucking shit bag.

Obviously i am me...i apologise, you carry on...just don't come to my door??

I left my first " " but realised what wat was wrong...ha..huh?

skinny
04-27-2008, 11:18 PM

It strikes me that you dont really want to answer your own questions withought arguing the obvious conclusion........so, make sense or shut the fuck up................................................ ...please(my smilies don't work) please

skinny
04-27-2008, 11:20 PM

Replacing religious dogma with atheistic dogma still leaves us with the problems of dogmatism.

What does dogma mean?

What you laughing at??

Obviously not a .....
04-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Wow... who am I to argue with someone who has 2630 posts to his name!!!
(you are a he ??)
You also must own the site because I can't for the life of me work out why an individual with 2,630 posts on a site that's as busy as an Estate Agents on a tuesday, would be merited as someone with a life.

But hey... you're more sensible than Richard Dawkins. ;)

The Relic
07-18-2008, 10:14 AM

Trite nonsense. Atheism is about the ability to think and discover without the constraint of primitive belief systems. Can you not understand that disbelief eschews dogma simply by being disbelief?

The Relic
07-18-2008, 10:20 AM

But religion feeds those bad people by providing them with texts which either directly justify their bad behaviour or can be interpreted as doing so, therefore religion is a bad thing per se.

Your argument would only hold water if religion were the source of morality, but humanity is the source of morality. Where societies form so do basic tenets of morality, otherwise people would not be able to co-exist.

The Relic
07-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Dawkins has been quoted as saying he has tried Astral projection :hide:

And also has said in an interview that he would be more comfortable
Believing in a superior being from a more advanced world, rather than
Religious doctrines of old.

Xenu !! :fantastisch_01:

Darwin's rottweiler :dogrun:

I think he has a very unscientific view on humanities, and bullies easy targets.

Religions established over millennia which reach into the political and economic establishments of practically every nation on Earth are an easy target?

At worst Richard can be accused of producing playful quotes, because he knows they attract media attention, which is what lobbyists require. Then again, he is often quoted out of context. Using his quote about the Catholic church without its accompanying argument, which is essentially that misinforming children from birth about the nature of the universe with religious fairy tales does their potential intellectual growth great harm, robs it of its genuine impact.

And please read his work carefully and try to refute his carefully constructed arguments before you brand him "unscientific".