PDA

View Full Version : 100% English? Put channel 4 on NOW!

Will
11-13-2006, 08:16 PM
If you're not watching, stick it on now, very relivant programme. We'll discuss after hopefully.
:talkflag:

David Courtney
11-13-2006, 08:18 PM
Unfortunately, the second Corro starts half way through :(
I know no-ones English any way...too many Normans, Vikings, Celts etc.

Sid
11-13-2006, 08:18 PM
Just seen Gary Bushel on it. He was gutted when he found he had a black ancestor in the last 5 generations. His face was a picture.

Will
11-13-2006, 08:32 PM
A women has just been on who was convinced she was 100% English, and it turns out she's 15% Asian, 10% Middle-Eastern, and 5% Eastern European. It's very likely her foreign relatives were born less then 1000 years ago, which is what she believes is required to be counted as English.

I guess the BNP will be packing her off to Asia if they win then? Or will they just send 15% of her? :D

StreetPee
11-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Well, I'm white, but, I know I have distant Spanish on both sides and am pretty sure of some Jewish too, and thats all I know about, so?..................

Apparently, and I've been told this more than once, the Welsh are the true English!!!!!

Will
11-13-2006, 08:39 PM
The old hag who was also convinced she was 100% English, turns out she may be a distant relative of Genghis Khan! As well as native American! How the hell does that happen?

They've played down the political significance of this programme, but that's OK because it's fascinating in it's own right.

Will
11-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Maggie Thatcher's daughter is 20% Middle-Eastern! I'm only writing this all down because I think they will be useful notes with future clashes with the right wing. :)

StreetPee
11-13-2006, 08:42 PM
How much to get your DNA checked? Anyone know?

Will
11-13-2006, 08:45 PM
Dunno, but I'm going to find out, I'd love to see where my ancestors may have come from.

PS: The Women who is the founder of the English charity and considers herself to be pure Anglo-Saxon, turns out she's 20% Middle-Eastern. She's threatened the programme makers with legal action, claiming the tests were inaccurate.

Will
11-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Hands up all those who'd like to see Nick Griffen have a test done?

I need a 'having a field day' smiley. :)

StreetPee
11-13-2006, 08:50 PM
She should have it done independently.

DNA testing : around £129. Seems to concentrate on paternity testing. I know someone who's had it done, I shall enquire.

StreetPee
11-13-2006, 08:52 PM
Hands up all those who'd like to see Nick Griffen have a test done?

My Avatar would just about sum his face up I bet!

Will
11-13-2006, 08:59 PM
The racist comedian guy who believes you can't be black and English and have to go back 12 generations of English families to be English. Found out he's the least English out of the lot tested!

He's changed it to 3 generations now. In his defence he's just admitted that Ian Wright must be English after all.

My Avatar would just about sum his face up I bet!

Yes, I think that would sum it up. Imagine if he had to excile himself! :D

skinny
11-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Just go punch a copper, you'll get a free sample.

What was the actual point to that programme.......only caught half hour?

skinny
11-13-2006, 09:02 PM
Save it Sid.

Will
11-13-2006, 09:12 PM
I think the point was a very subtle dig at the right wing, as all the cases shown were of Anglo-files who without directly saying in most cases, weren't that tolerant of immigrants. Pity for them, bar Lord Tebbit (who even then wasn't even 100% Northern European), that they all turned out to have immigrant genes.

If I produced the programme, I don't think I could have kept it that Subtle. I would have certainly asked a few BNP party members, just to see if they'd be brave enough to take the test. If they declined, that'd still a pretty powerful statement.

terry witless
11-13-2006, 09:19 PM
I think the point was a very subtle dig at the right wing, as all the cases shown were of Anglo-files who without directly saying in most cases, weren't that tolerant of immigrants.

AD43?

StreetPee
11-13-2006, 09:28 PM
I think it was more a case of us sowing wild seeds far and wide than people coming here. After all, a very common surname in Africa is McDonald.

terry witless
11-13-2006, 09:35 PM
I think it was more a case of us sowing wild seeds far and wide than people coming here. After all, a very common surname in Africa is McDonald.

ad43 the roman empire turns up, with legionnaires from the know world

eg. genes from asia, africa, europe

go to the middle east / north africa & see how their dna is I'am sure there will be anglo dna there & it won't just be the barbary slave trade:hihi:

Will
11-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Trouble is Terry, they said that these tests showed their ancestors were only a few generations removed in most cases. Which rules out it being just down to the Romans.

Face it, there's unlikely to be anything such as someone who is 100% English.

skinny
11-13-2006, 09:58 PM
=Will
I'm only writing this all down because I think they will be useful notes with future clashes with the right wing.

Is that every time "our" country is mentioned in general?

Will
11-13-2006, 10:06 PM
More to do with the BNP's definition of what counts as British. It tends to change, but last time I looked it was people who could trace their family as white back 1000 years.

That's why I think this programme was a subtle dig at the far-right, as they chose people who gush the same kind of pap.

terry witless
11-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Trouble is Terry, they said that these tests showed their ancestors were only a few generations removed in most cases.

okay then, there was almost no coloured poeple to breed with round my way say for the last 10 years, when I was a child primary school (C of E)2 asian kids (pakistani's) decent lads used to go to their brithday parties play cricket footy ect.... with them, jr school (C of E) 100% "white" Secondary School one mixed race kid pot smoker who really want to be fully black..... any way nobody picked on them.... (maybe I'am not th enazi you think)

Face it, there's unlikely to be anything such as someone who is 100% English.

go to iraqi & do a dna profile chances are their more asian than arab,

druids are anybody got any opinions?

Bruv
11-13-2006, 10:17 PM
Two things struck me big time....
The women from Grimbsy ? She had to concede that she feels sad that more people dont FEEL English who should do.
And the fact that Wrighty ,who's ancestry I dont know but can only be third or forth generation, feels SO English....yet he would be targeted as first for the boat home in different circumstances.

My conclusion Englishness is a state of mind.

Will
11-13-2006, 10:20 PM
My conclusion Englishness is a state of mind.

Exactly!

terry witless
11-13-2006, 10:21 PM
Two things struck me big time....
The women from Grimbsy ?

North lincs.............. Barton there all 100% english largely brother / sister sometimes cousins getting married

skinny
11-13-2006, 10:40 PM
I'm sorry that i missed the first bit as i can't see any reason why this programme was made, other than a laugh, and Will i would have pissed myself if some members of BNP would have taken the test and were found to have been majority Asian, but that is all i can surmise. Fascinating......yeah ok, if you say so.

From what i seen the guy was looking a bit smug with himself, quite rightly so as well, but it struck me he was there to take the piss out of "so called" English, quite rightly so, at least the ones who were largin' it.

Now if i can interpret it as that, quite a lot of other people, at least more than two, may do the same. At this time of racial tension i don't see this as great timing. Not only that, why was it shown today and not yesterday?

If i have got this all wrong because of the missed half hour, whoops.

If i have got it all right, tough.

Sid
11-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Apparently, and I've been told this more than once, the Welsh are the true English!!!!!
You'll do for me. It's actually true British though!
The word Welsh actually means foreign. Foreign being the word the invading forces gave to the original inhabitants of this country.
They were forced into the hills of what is now called Wales from their original homeland by the invading Germans, or Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Normans, Danes...need I go on.

So all you folks who call yourselves English, you are.......but a more apt term would be Germanic!!!

David Courtney
11-13-2006, 10:47 PM
I'm not English, never called myself it :D
Ancestor wise I'm more Celtic than any thing, but I look very much like the German side of my family...hmm.

skinny
11-13-2006, 10:54 PM
You'll do for me. It's actually true British though!
The word Welsh actually means foreign. Foreign being the word the invading forces gave to the original inhabitants of this country.
They were forced into the hills of what is now called Wales from their original homeland by the invading Germans, or Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Normans, Danes...need I go on.

So all you folks who call yourselves English, you are.......but a more apt term would be fucking brilliant

I know a few Welsh girls that have had a bit of Manchester in 'em, your being infiltrated slowly.

Bruv
11-13-2006, 11:09 PM
The point of the program Skinny ?
To me it was a light dig at the right on gung ho brigade and thier claims to heritage and ethnicity.
Like your grandfather's grandfather makes you a better person somehow ?

You can now edit quotes ? You are a quick learner

Will
11-13-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm sorry that i missed the first bit as i can't see any reason why this programme was made, other than a laugh,

The reason it was made, is because it raises more than a few questions about BNP policies such as theses. It's also a great stick to poke the White Pride fraternity with, I wonder how many of them would be actually brave enough to get themselves tested. I wonder even more what they will do when they find out they aren't quite the pure-whites they thought they were.

9. In order to make it clear that the “celebration of diversity” is something in which the native peoples of our islands can share, each of our traditional Saints Days would be made Public Holidays in the nations in question, with Trafalgar Day being an additional Public Holiday throughout the entire UK.

10. A massively-funded and permanent programme, using and doubling Britain's current foreign aid budget, will aim to reduce, by voluntary resettlement to their lands of ethnic origin, the proportion of ethnic minorities living in Britain, for as long as the majority of the electorate are willing to fund such expenditure. Since the chief impact of such a programme would be the assistance it would render to Developing Countries in the Third World, this is described further in Section 16 – Britain and the World (http://www.bnp.org.uk/candidates2005/manifesto/manf16.htm). (http://www.bnp.org.uk/candidates2005/manifesto/manf16.htm)

11. While accepting the right of law-abiding minorities, in our country because they or their ancestors came here legally, to remain here and to enjoy the full protection of the law against any form of harassment or hostility, we will also seek to emphasise the importance of the prior status of the aboriginal people. This would be a national extension of the ‘Sons and Daughters' policy in priority on housing and school places lists which BNP councils seek to implement at local level.

What do they define as an Aboriginal person? When it seems the vast majority of us may have genes that originate from outside of Western Europe.

and Will i would have pissed myself if some members of BNP would have taken the test and were found to have been majority Asian, but that is all i can surmise. Fascinating......yeah ok, if you say so.

I find the implications this could have for the BNP fascinating, as well as the idea of finding out what genes I may have from non-Western pools. I don't expect everyone to have the imagination to want to see how facists will react to such news. Or to be interested in their own genetic history.

From what i seen the guy was looking a bit smug with himself, quite rightly so as well, but it struck me he was there to take the piss out of "so called" English, quite rightly so, at least the ones who were largin' it.

He did look very smug, and I'd go as far as to call him self-rightious. The perfect person to present this programme would have been Louis Theroux, who would have made a much better job of giving the people in the programme enough rope to hang themselves.

Now if i can interpret it as that, quite a lot of other people, at least more than two, may do the same. At this time of racial tension i don't see this as great timing. Not only that, why was it shown today and not yesterday?

I'd have said that it couldn't be better timed. It certainly gave the people in the programme a few things to think about, just maybe it will make a few facists think again too.

ahwell
11-13-2006, 11:51 PM
I have read so much about fascists on here but nothing on Joe Stalin ?

David Courtney
11-14-2006, 12:16 AM
I have read so much about fascists on here but nothing on Joe Stalin ?
As far as I'm aware, there's not a serious Stalinist party in Britain, but there is a fascist party (the BNP).

terry witless
11-14-2006, 12:17 AM
just a side note family tree goes back to irish pikeys which turned up in or around sheffield 1860's

as for asian gene's I'am sure Genghis Khan mob made it to Hungary 14th centuary

terry witless
11-14-2006, 12:21 AM
As far as I'm aware, there's not a serious Stalinist party in Britain, but there is a fascist party (the BNP).

http://www.stalinsociety.org.uk/ look found you a new place to hag out:devilred:

ahwell
11-14-2006, 12:31 AM
Good old Joe ?

David Courtney
11-14-2006, 12:35 AM
http://www.stalinsociety.org.uk/ look found you a new place to hag out:devilred:
I'm hoping against hope that you're being ironic.

terry witless
11-14-2006, 09:37 AM
looks like I'am not the only one who does irony....

To join The Stalin Society, order pamphlets or for more information:
Please make cheques or postal order payable to ST.S

the capitalist bastards

David Courtney
11-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Who'd ever suspect a Stalinist of being hypocritical...sigh.