Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing love it or hate it

Unregistered

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Anything but fishing.

Even darts is more of a sport.
    COLOR]
    this infers fishing is a sport, nice one boyo! hihihihi

Too much information....I just thought you was a Londoner....I apologise in advance for that.

To all the people who rubbish field sports (I think thats what they call em)
    Hunting shooting and fishing......without them,the countryside that we all admire would be in a worse state than it is.
    Lakes stocked with fish dont just happen....rivers need to be looked after to retain a healthy fish stock.Pheasants, Deer etc only survive in an enviroment conducive to their health.....heathrows and riverbanks are managed....wild birds and insects flourish.....not by chance, but by the hard work of dedicated people.....some of em are boring old farts....but good for em I say, and thanks
    I thought I knew more than this...before I started talking

[QUOTE=Bruv]Too much information....I just thought you was a Londoner....I apologise in advance for that.

I don't care Bruv, i could have filled a few more screens worth of mumblings about those few lakes.....again.....thanks for bringing back some hidden memories

Anything but fishing.

Even darts is more of a sport.
    What about badminton, table tennis, boxing, football, rugby, even croquet. Something that puts you in competition with something on the same brain level a you, which doesn't include fishing.
    What are you talking about? The fish ARE at the same brain level with Skinny.
    Last edited by Casper; 06-09-2006 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper

you forgot the smilie Dickhead

so did i ...smilie

Would he say that to your face? I doubt it!

I have a sneaking suspicion this website has a picture of our Casper.
    http://www.tie-a-tie.net/

Just scroll down a little for a picture of a man who looks like he'd have the balls to say you have the brains of a fish to your face.

I once fell into the trap of getting wound up by someone at the other end of a computer. They even had the cheek to say they would say what they did to my face. When it came to the crunch though nothing but silence came of it.

Try not to let people wind you up skinny. People on here need to think they are more than they are. Why, I don't know.

Casper does have a strange sense of humour though so I wouldn't be too offended with anything he says.

I've been thinking. No cheap shots please. Why do people say that fish have something like a three second memory span? This can't be right. My fish know that when I open the lid on the fish tank that they're going to be fed, they come to the top where the food's going to be. And sometimes that can be 24 hours between feeds. Maybe they ain't as thick as we think they are.

Would he say that to your face? I doubt it!

I have a sneaking suspicion this website has a picture of our Casper.
    http://www.tie-a-tie.net/

Just scroll down a little for a picture of a man who looks like he'd have the balls to say you have the brains of a fish to your face.

I once fell into the trap of getting wound up by someone at the other end of a computer. They even had the cheek to say they would say what they did to my face. When it came to the crunch though nothing but silence came of it.

Try not to let people wind you up skinny. People on here need to think they are more than they are. Why, I don't know.

Casper does have a strange sense of humour though so I wouldn't be too offended with anything he says.
    Oh no! Now you know who I am, oh whatever am I going to do now?

Anyway, my comment that Skinny has the brain of a fish was just a joke! Oh and no I wouldn't say it to his face because that would involve me going underwater.

Oh and no I wouldn't say it to his face because that would involve me going underwater.

Correct....with concrete welliesto meet my little friend
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	La~horre~May~2006~056.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	7  
    Last edited by skinny; 06-15-2006 at 01:21 AM.

Why do people say that fish have something like a three second memory span? This can't be right. My fish know that when I open the lid on the fish tank that they're going to be fed, they come to the top where the food's going to be. And sometimes that can be 24 hours between feeds. Maybe they ain't as thick as we think they are.

I think you've got memory mixed up with learning. I think fish learn and react to certain things. I don't think they start grumbling when you're late with thier food, they would just start looking for other food.