Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Islam

Default Islam

There is obviously a clash between the Western world and followers of Islam at this present time.

I found it fascinating to discover that there are actually some proud muslims fighting in the British Army who claim to want to bridge the gap between both worlds and make a difference. Although I'm glad to see that attitude, I can't help but think of the sad truth behind closed doors; that is the humiliation of muslim countries caused by ruthless Western foreign policy

The sad truth is, there are proud muslims in the forces, but you don't specify about what, not on purpose i suspect, that would fight against the west from inside.

I think we've been down the political issues here, somewhere before

Sorry Skinny, can you re phrase the whole paragraph?

Living in a Dictatorship, and finding little difference to a democracy.

There is only a clash because the media says there is a clash. A few fundies declare war on the west, and suddenly all muslims are bad news. There is no clash at all, the majority of muslims live peacfully in western countries.

The attacks against the west, have about as much to do with religion, as the Iraq war did about WMDs.
    Admin Will - Think for yourself, it hasn't been banned, yet.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper
    Sorry Skinny, can you re phrase the whole paragraph?

re phrase or explain?

Sorry Will i cant agree. Its true the vast amount of Muslims live peacefully in this country. However religion of all faiths has its dark side mostly ending up in war in one way or another. I have nothing against anyone following their faith although i have none myself but to hear these bigots spouting off about infadels etc is nothing more than medievil nonsense much the same as the Catholics amd Protestants in N.I. Religion should be a personal thing and not be used by arseholes (some dangerous ones at that) to sprinkle poison around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ahwell
    Sorry Will i cant agree. Its true the vast amount of Muslims live peacefully in this country. However religion of all faiths has its dark side mostly ending up in war in one way or another.
    I've got to jump in here. Are you seriously saying that the muslims of the world are to blame for the unrest in the world?

Let's just take this one stage at a time.
    America waged war after 9/11 on afghanistan because of the attack on America. Seeing as most of the so-called terrorists were from Saudi Arabia why not attack them?
    Anything to do with the 19 members of bin Laden's family who Bush was busy gettting out of America immediately after the attacks of 9/11?

The next big thing for the muslim people is the killing of more than 100,000 civilians in Iraq to rid the country of WMD.

Why not invade N. Korea?
    Nothing to do with their lack of oil, or the fact that just before the invasion Iraq had started to trade their oil in Euros instead of US dollars, and america has nothing to gain from invading N. Korea?

Quote Originally Posted by ahwell
    I have nothing against anyone following their faith although i have none myself but to hear these bigots spouting off about infadels etc is nothing more than medievil nonsense much the same as the Catholics amd Protestants in N.I. Religion should be a personal thing and not be used by arseholes (some dangerous ones at that) to sprinkle poison around the world.
    I agree with you, but how many muslim nations have attacked a western nation 'just in case' they could do them some harm.

For a change try to think what it would be like if the roles were reversed. Iraq telling us what weapons we're allowed to have.
    Saudi Arabia dictating the price of oil.
    China threatening the west with sanctions if we don't get rid of our nuclear weapons.
    And Israel.......

As George Galloway put it on a tv show....." if england was invaded", would we also not revert to terrorism" to protect our beloved land ?

depends on what you are classing as terrorism

Sid no I'm not . Did i not say all religions or was i just imagining it ?