Thread: Lewis Hamilton Disqualified

Living in a Dictatorship, and finding little difference to a democracy.

Default Lewis Hamilton Disqualified

This looks very bad for Lewis, I'd really like to know what was actually said. But MClaren obviously think they were in the wrong, as they're not even going to bother appealing. This just looks bad which ever way you look at it, you just can't do this kind of thing.

If MCClaren were appealing, I'd have least at believed it was just a misunderstanding. But with them not doing that, it looks like a frank admission of guilt. Sigh, really don't know what to think about all this. No one likes a cheat.

Jenson Button must be feeling especially smug right now.
    Admin Will - Think for yourself, it hasn't been banned, yet.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Contact me.

I am not a huge Formula 1 fan as such, but I have heard about the controversy surrounding last weekendís opening to the season. I understand that the FIA have accused Hamilton of cheating by way of deliberately misleading the race stewards so that a rival driver, Jarno Trulli, would be punished instead.

It now seems that Hamilton has partially admitted to this accusation but maintains that he did not mean to cheat and had done simply what he was instructed to do by his Mclaren team.

Lewis Hamilton blames Dave Ryan for disqualification from Australian Grand Prix - Times Online

Living in a Dictatorship, and finding little difference to a democracy.

It is starting to look like he'd been instructed to lie. That would certainly explain why the team boss has been suspended too.
    Admin Will - Think for yourself, it hasn't been banned, yet.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Contact me.

If that's true then that's a great shame to the sport. After Hamilton's remarkable championship victory right at the end of the final lap in last season's race, things were looking good for him.

The FIA have also said that they havenít ruled out taking further punitive measures against Hamilton and the Mclaren team as the cheating in this case is considered to be a serious sporting offence.

Whatís your view on the FIA taking this approach, Will?