Thread: Internet Censorship take a step forward in the UK

Living in a Dictatorship, and finding little difference to a democracy.

Exclamation Internet Censorship take a step forward in the UK

The Press Complaints Commission has successfully censured a blog in the UK! Apparently they've declared that web publications are the same as print publications, and therefore subject to the same regulations.

I may not agree with Rod Liddle's statement about crime, but I believe he has the right to say whatever he pleases on the net. It is a public domain and does not belong to any one entity to control as they please.

This is the top of a very slippery slope. I can see cases of Internet censorship shooting up massively after this landmark case.

BBC News - Rod Liddle's Spectator blog first to be censured by PCC
    Admin Will - Think for yourself, it hasn't been banned, yet.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    The Press Complaints Commission has successfully censured a blog in the UK! Apparently they've declared that web publications are the same as print publications, and therefore subject to the same regulations.

I may not agree with Rod Liddle's statement about crime, but I believe he has the right to say whatever he pleases on the net. It is a public domain and does not belong to any one entity to control as they please.

This is the top of a very slippery slope. I can see cases of Internet censorship shooting up massively after this landmark case.

BBC News - Rod Liddle's Spectator blog first to be censured by PCC
    I couldn't believe it when I read that.

And now for further shocking restrictions on freedom of speech:

Labour pledges to repeal free speech defence for homophobia law - Telegraph