Thread: Labour's new leader

Living in a Dictatorship, and finding little difference to a democracy.

Default Labour's new leader

Have the elected a new leader and I missed it? If not, why is it taking them so long to sort this out? The opposition can't begin in earnest until they have a leader, I thought they'd have wanted to seize the opportunity to get in there before the new government get's too settled in. But they don't seem to be in any particular rush. What's all that about?
    Admin Will - Think for yourself, it hasn't been banned, yet.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Contact me.

Oh I don't think they'll have a new leader any time soon. I think they said they won't have a new leader until September. In the meantime, Harriet Harperson will be the acting leader.

With the current coalition holding up (and even making headway against a cynical electorate), I don't think it matters if Labour gets a new leader soon or not.

As I heard on the TV, if if comes down to choosing from a group consisting of one family and someone else called Ed, go for the outsider. By that I guess they meant Diane Abbott and, if nothing else, she'll shake things up a bit.

I think they are desperately searching for someone with working class connections, the only thing that will distinguish them clearly from the millionaires' coalition, who have never heard of such.