Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ian Tomlinson: Final Justice?

Default Ian Tomlinson: Final Justice?

Yesterday a public inquest into the death of Ian Tomlinson found the officer that struck and pushed the newspaper seller to the ground caused Tomlinson's death.

After two years of denials, cover-ups and complicity, the Metropolitan Police were finally forced to accept the actions of their officer was illegal, and beyond reasonable force. Following the judgement the MPS issued a statement, "It is a matter of deep regret that the actions of an MPS officer have been found to have caused the death of a member of the public." Does the Met regret the verdict or the murder of an innocent civilian?

In view of the verdict so too the Crown Prosecution Service had to make an embarrassing climb down from their original judgement there was no case to answer, and reopen the case and consider manslaughter charges against PC Harwood. "That review will now take place and will be thorough". Was the previous investigation not thorough?

Will justice finally be served in this case? Or will the police throw [public] money at the problem and make it go away?

Here is the video of the incident and what sickens me even further is, it is the protesters who run up to Tomlinson to help him, rather than the people who are paid to protect him!
    Last edited by eatmywords; 05-04-2011 at 06:53 AM.
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

I've seen the clip many times and am over the moon that justice has finally been done. (or at least recognised).

It should never have gone on for so long, it was simply a cover up which has cost the pubic purse fprtunes.

I do note they said the guy was "Homeless", yet all of a sudden he has a family who are very concerned about the way he died.

What a shame their concern did not materialise whilst he was a homeless person on the streets of London. I wouldn't dream of suggesting that there was some financial motive for those relatives to suddenly start making themselves known

Unfortunately I agree Stephen. And the only way I can see this matter coming to justice is if the MPS fail to cut a large enough cheque

But if he was homeless, and not living with his relations, then you would assume the guy died without a will. Now there's another legal nightmare!

It seems this matter becomes even more curious them more this matter comes to light. The GMC are considering Dr. Freddy Patel's post-mortem followng the death of Ian, which was contradicted by three independent surgeons at the inquest. However, the GMC are also reopening other cases this surgeon decided upon, following collective complaints by other relatives of dead family members that the inquest had not been thorough or revealed the correct cause of death. I've been digging into the case of Richard Chang, a senior director who fell 80 feet onto a hard floor in 2004, killing him instantly. Here is the family's response to the coroner's verdict:

B The Coroner's post mortem was not a forensic post mortem
    The pathologist is a medical expert who determines the cause of death. The Post Mortem stated:Marks of violence. Treatment and identification

Large gaping deep laceration on the forehead and involved the left eye. Severe compound skull fractures with extruded brain tissue received in separate bag. Triple small circular bruises in a line on right shoulder. And red bruise to the front on right upper arm. Small red abrasion on right elbow. Superficial abrasions on the shins and front of the ankles. Fracture deformity of left leg. No other significant marks of violence.The pathologist conducted the post mortem based on the fact that the death was not suspicious.

A forensic post mortem was not carried out. The pathologist did not turn up at the inquest so Mr and Mrs Chang's legal representatives were not able to put further questions to him. Freddie Patel, the pathologist made a mistake in the Anthony Hardy case about the cause of death. He ruled that the victim had died of natural causes when in fact she had been murdered (see below).

Other post-mortems conducted by Dr Patel
    Anthony Hardy killed three women and mutilated two of them to satisfy his "depraved and perverted" sexual cravings was jailed for life. Anthony Hardy dismembered two of his victims, leaving their body parts in bin bags near his home in Camden, north London. Nine months earlier officers had discovered the body of another woman in his flat, but her death had been put down to natural causes by Dr Patel. Dr Patel claimed that she died of a heart attack and not foul play. However, her death from "natural causes" would later be questioned when the remains of other women were discovered in Hardy's flat. It emerged that Hardy had also previously been investigated about a series of rapes. He pleaded guilty at the Old Bailey to all three murders.
    Are we seeing the beginnings of a dark and sinister plot by the police and the medical services [NHS?] to cover up serious crimes?
    Last edited by eatmywords; 05-05-2011 at 04:35 PM.

The GMC are to investigate -its the same as the FSA saying RBS have done no wrong, its the same as Kelly. Its all a charade.

The colour of politics doe snot come into it Labour and Tories are all pals anyway.

Here is a question, to which I offer no answer due to super injunctions and liable tourism in the UK, do you think insurance companies exchange information purely for fraud prevention ?

I fully agree Ishould. The people who investigate such people and organisations come from the same backgrounds, the same universities, the same organisations. They are sunk to the nuts with each other! I do not doubt there is a massive information sharing network operating between all private and public enterprises. Data Protection my ass! I'd even go further Ishould and say they are sharing information specifically to find ways to prevent payment to policy-holders, or to cover-up the failures of their friends. Proving that however is another matter entirely
    Last edited by eatmywords; 07-02-2011 at 09:12 AM.

Try asking the FSA or OFT too investigate for you

I did ask the FSA to investigate a complaint for me against MBNA. When I was in the second-year at The University of Hull I decided to obtain a credit-card, to keep me going over the summer. Being a student you are not entitled to finance insurance; something they didn't say at the time, and so each month they were deducting about 8 per month in insurance. I went over my limit in 2004 and very nearly broke me completely. I was having medical issues at the time and so I decided to apply for the insurance, which would halve the costs of my monthly payments. When I rang I was told, because I was a student at the time I took out the card, I wasn't entitled to relief. They did however repay 380 in insurance payments, but did not calculate or repay the interest I had been paying while in default of my payments. I suffered quite badly that year, and the demands were mentally suffering. So I asked the FSA to examine this. They said they wouldn't investigate the matter or make any attempt to obtain that interest. I argued if I hadn't been paying insurance, then I wouldn't have gone overdrawn. Never heard from them again, and I have no intention of ever obtaining a credit-card ever again

You didnt realise I was being sarcastic then teh FSA and OFT just dont want to know pal -I wonder why ....

as for not getting a credit card very wise Ive had experinece with both the FSA and OFT ...