Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ian Tomlinson: Final Justice?

Banned

If Harwood had intended to kill Ian, then the charge would be murder. If you kill someone through a malicious or negligent act, although you didn't intend to, then the charge is manslaughter. A fit and healthy person can die as a result of being violently and unexpectedly pushed over, especially if they hit their head on something. Seems like the law is being appropriately applied in this case as far as the charge is concerned. Lets hope that justice is delivered.

Not guilty.

Fucking piss-take

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
    I do note they said the guy was "Homeless", yet all of a sudden he has a family who are very concerned about the way he died.

What a shame their concern did not materialise whilst he was a homeless person on the streets of London. I wouldn't dream of suggesting that there was some financial motive for those relatives to suddenly start making themselves known
    What a disgusting insinuation. Just because someone is sleeping rough doesn't mean the family don't care about them. Some people are beyond help.

A financial motive for wanting the killer of your father to face justice? You're fucking prick

Was this a jury trial? Because how can 12 people come to the conclusion this man wasn't unlawfully killed when they are staring at the evidence of him being beaten. This is a travesty, and just shows where the poor stand in relation to the police. I expect the woeful relationship the police have with poor communities to change significantly. After all, if our lives are worth nothing in the face of State brutality, then what have we got to lose?
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

I'm always amazed how, in this modern age of 24 hour news coverage, we can all become experts on cases that do not involve us and people can be found guilty by kangaroo court by armchair judges who get all their evidence from the media. There are understandably high emotions involved here but, as I always say, emotion is the enemy of justice.

So the objective view is a man did not die from the injuries sustained from the beating given by this police officer. Well, we know that to be false because three autopsies came to the same conclusion, that the injuries he sustained ruptured his internal organs. So twelve people after viewing the assault by this murderer came to the conclusion he did not inflict serious harm upon him, therefore going against medical authority. I'm afraid if you cling to your blind justice now, then you are just as culpable in the crimes done in her name.
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eatmywords View Post
    Was this a jury trial? Because how can 12 people come to the conclusion this man wasn't unlawfully killed when they are staring at the evidence of him being beaten.
    They will have been bullied and cajoled by the judge and defense lawyers into giving that verdict. They would have been made to feel that was the only option despite the fact this was a clear-cut case of police brutality leading to a completely needless death. Apparently the judge is now crusading against newspapers who reported stories about Harwood's previous disciplinary record. It shows where his priorities and concern's lie - certainly not with the Tomlinson family.

This is sadly how the state operates when it closes ranks behind one of its own. A complete travesty of justice. My heart goes out to Ian's family. I just hope some kind rich person could chip in and help them fight a civil action against Harwood.
    Last edited by Northumbrian; 07-19-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Banned

If anyone is in any doubt just watch the video again of what happened:

Then ask yourselves these questions?
    1. Did Ian look like he was about to commit a crime, or was a danger to anybody? Answer NO
    2. Were there even any rioters in the immediate vicinity? Answer APPARENTLY NOT
    3. Did Harwood creep stealthily behind Ian in order to hit him from behind and knock him violently over? Answer YES
    4. Would it have been obvious to Harwood that Ian was in no fit state to protect himself against such an assault, or use his hands/arms to break his fall? Answer YES (its obvious to anyone watching the video)
    5. Did Harwood or any police officer then offer Ian any assistance as he was lying injured on the ground? Answer NO
    6. Did Ian die a few minutes later as a result of his injuries? Answer YES
    7. Did the police try to cover up what had happened by hiring a dodgy pathologist who claimed there was no link? Answer YES
    8. Was this trial a whitewash? Answer ABSOLUTELY
    9. Is Harwood a murderer? Answer MAYBE NOT, but he is certainly a callous and cowardly thug who has brought shame to his uniform
    Last edited by Northumbrian; 07-19-2012 at 08:12 PM.

As the charge was manslaughter, it would seem he was a lucky boy. But if it had of been upheld, then people would have interperated it as upheld not just against the individual, but against the police force, in general, and they couldn,t have that could they?

Quote Originally Posted by IG-88 View Post
    I'm always amazed how, in this modern age of 24 hour news coverage, we can all become experts on cases that do not involve us and people can be found guilty by kangaroo court by armchair judges who get all their evidence from the media. There are understandably high emotions involved here but, as I always say, emotion is the enemy of justice.
    THat's all lovely, but he was also found "quilty" by a coroners inquest. Ian was unlawfully killed according to a coroner and a jury