Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rangers today, whose next?

Quote Originally Posted by Andeeg1 View Post
    ...Although I have to admit, iv not been following the story that closely.
    Ah, a Celtic fan hey?
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

No actualy, I'm a rangers fan. I'm just not that interested in football. Anyway, I think the Celtic fans are following the story more closely than the rangers fans are. Lol
    R.I.P freedom of speech

I know what you mean Andeeg. For some years now I been growing off the sport, and I used to be a serial football maniac. I don't know, it just seems to have lost the passion from when I remembered it as a boy. But maybe that's just because Liverpool aren't winning any more, and I'm too old to buy those Panini sticker albums. I can't really go to the school gates now and do swapsies can I

One thing I do know is, there was hardly a football team that financially collapsed in the past. It is seemingly only a new phenomenon, ever since the manager became the coach.
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

Quote Originally Posted by eatmywords View Post
    I know what you mean Andeeg. For some years now I been growing off the sport, and I used to be a serial football maniac. I don't know, it just seems to have lost the passion from when I remembered it as a boy. But maybe that's just because Liverpool aren't winning any more, and I'm too old to buy those Panini sticker albums. I can't really go to the school gates now and do swapsies can I

One thing I do know is, there was hardly a football team that financially collapsed in the past. It is seemingly only a new phenomenon, ever since the manager became the coach.
    Ever since they stopped accepting it was only a game, and only one team could win the league. Ever since little boys were encouraged to support clubs they would only ever see on TV and not their local heros. Ever since managers had one season to win the league or they were dead meat. Ever since owners and supporters lost all sense of reallity.

The football culture requires alot of dedication for memorising players names and who won what and when. People base their whole life's on following the progress of what is, in my opinion, a very restricting and over all, quite a meaningless activity. People idolise the dumb, overpaid and arrogant players. It's just another unhealthy obsession within modern society. It gives people the false perspective of football being the luxurious answer to a successful and happy life. Quite often, as a personal observation, the common obsessive fan ends up as an obese alcoholic with no ambition by the time they are 40. Obviously there could be other reasons leading to this outcome but football seems to be the common factor.

Ps Did I mention that it provokes gambling.
    Last edited by Andeeg1; 07-02-2012 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Added last sentence
    R.I.P freedom of speech