Thread: Pep Guardiola - The Right Thing To Do?

Question Pep Guardiola - The Right Thing To Do?

This bothers me because the man has brought so much success to the club in four years, it staggers me he would leave when they need him most. Was it just the team and he was a stock figure? Has some other team offered him a price he could not refuse?

I'm sure Barcalona would have allowed him to stay, for at least another season, but I was always told to leave when you are on a high, not a low. I just think we have a strange concept of success and commitment these days, that it must breed down to the young minds of Europe; especially in the football industry.

Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

Quote Originally Posted by eatmywords View Post
    This bothers me because the man has brought so much success to the club in four years, it staggers me he would leave when they need him most. Was it just the team and he was a stock figure? Has some other team offered him a price he could not refuse?

I'm sure Barcalona would have allowed him to stay, for at least another season, but I was always told to leave when you are on a high, not a low. I just think we have a strange concept of success and commitment these days, that it must breed down to the young minds of Europe; especially in the football industry.

With reference to boxing, someone once told me that , once you called it professional boxing, professional , is not only written first but comes first at all times. Maybe Pep, is thinking down those lines.