Thread: Giant Global Hawk Unmanned Drone Crashes In Maryland

Zoo Animal

Default Giant Global Hawk Unmanned Drone Crashes In Maryland

It seems "Big Brother" is watching the US people:

:dancing party:
    Last edited by eatmywords; 06-14-2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: fixed url so embeded video

Just as the US services have told us emiliano, this was just a routine training mission. There's nothing to become paranoid about these drones being used in the US for peaceful purposes. I don't know how you could consider the US to be spying upon their own people, as there is no precedent for this happening previously. These drones are an excellent tool to spy... I mean observe forest fires, or spy... I mean to analyse large tidal waves that are heading for the coast, or for keeping an eye on traffic flows. Why the US Navy would be handling these situations rather than the appropriate government departments is beside the point. There is no problem here, and drones flying across American airspace is not on a scale delusional conspiracy theorists would have you believe. It's not like this drone flew into anything important.

legislation authorizes the Federal Aviation Administration to develop regulations for the testing and licensing of commercial drones by 2015. If the law takes full effect, it is believed as many as 30,000 drones could be hovering over the U.S. by 2020.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/034919_sp...#ixzz1xpJbqrO7
    Don't you find it typical of the coporate media, that when their own military system screws up in a major way, they must then mitigate the problem by filling the screen with mad, screaming Islamic terrorists. I suppose it reinforces why the bankrupt Republic is investing $175 million for each of these drones. Shame it doesn't invest that money educating each and every one of their living drones to a high standard. That's if they need educating of course?

Just in case you were wondering. The bill for those 30,000 drones, based on that reported figure would be, $5,250,000,000,000. Enough to pay for every child in the US to have a university education, and some generations after that. I think this is fairly obvious where corporate America's loyalties lie, and it certainly isn't for the people.
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

Banned

I'd be interested to know how the media and politicians would react if one of these things crashed in the UK.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eatmywords View Post
    Just in case you were wondering. The bill for those 30,000 drones, based on that reported figure would be, $5,250,000,000,000. Enough to pay for every child in the US to have a university education, and some generations after that. I think this is fairly obvious where corporate America's loyalties lie, and it certainly isn't for the people.
    I agree that America spends an obscene amount of money on military hardware, but I think your figures must be wrong in this case. $5 trillion is about a third of the annual GDP of the USA (or about 3 times our annual GDP!). To put this into perspective, one NASA estimate is that $50 billion would have to be spent over 20 years to put humans on Mars. $5 trillion is 100 times that amount of money spent over 8 years!