Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: BBC Oppression

  1. #1
    Super Moderator eatmywords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kingston upon Hull
    Posts
    2,473

    Default BBC Oppression

    A south London council flat has been fighting the local council to save their apartment block. The ignorance of the council however has been mute to all their concerns for their homes and relocations.

    However, a recent twist of fate has shown just how free we are in this country. The council shifted everyone off the top five floors of the apartments and allowed the BBC in to cover the Olympics. If you cannot appreciate why I hate the BBC, then this video will only add fuel to what I already consider is an institution that is becoming far more than the sum of its parts. Disgraceful abuse of power and a total disregard for human existence and community.

    Last edited by eatmywords; 08-01-2012 at 05:10 AM.
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,475

    Default

    You do realise that PressTV is an Iranian propoganda channel run by the Ayatollah's whose job it is to discredit the West at every opportunity? Last year they presented the UK riots as "anti-government protests" which were subsequently "violently suppressed". They have been removed from the Sky broadcasting satellite because of their blatant lies and anti-Western bias. They even employ criminal traitors like George Galloway.

    Who cares about a few chavs and neer-do-wells living in a crumbling apartment block which was about to be demolished anyway? I'm sure they can be moved along with their state benefits elsewhere. The Olympics were a huge national event and the BBC is our national broadcaster. The Chinese bulldozed entire residential districts for the Peking Olympics in 2008. Why don't you complain about them?
    Last edited by Northumbrian; 08-18-2012 at 02:21 PM.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator eatmywords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kingston upon Hull
    Posts
    2,473

    Default

    I don't live in China and so not privvy to all the facts. So I refrain from making ridiculous and inaccurate posts wherever possible.
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eatmywords View Post
    I don't live in China and so not privvy to all the facts. So I refrain from making ridiculous and inaccurate posts wherever possible.
    No you would rather believe a story about our own country broadcast on the propoganda channel of an enemy nation.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator eatmywords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kingston upon Hull
    Posts
    2,473

    Default

    Enemy nation? Stop being so ridiculous Northumbrian, and try to be a little more objective. I'll watch what I want regardless of who threatens me or my politics, because I'm more inclined to resist such behaviour and then more inclined to watch it further, rather than the channels you are watching that are cultivating this kind of attitude. I bet you haven't even read the actual reason why PressTV were banned from the UK airwaves.

    And your comment about the type of people who live in these State built apartments is remarkably offensive to the actual people who live there, and in many instances cannot get out of them.

    And besides, you wouldn't have even heard about this story if it hadn't been for PressTV, because it certainly wasn't covered by the BBC, even though they were in the building. Well, denying access to the building to residents. That's called censorship, which I consider far worse than propaganda.
    Last edited by eatmywords; 08-19-2012 at 12:36 AM.
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eatmywords View Post
    Enemy nation? Stop being so ridiculous Northumbrian, and try to be a little more objective.
    Oh the hypocrisy!!! Your idea of objectiveness is to throw your lot in with every nation who hates Britain, the US, Israel and the West. Since 1979, Iran has been a supporter of terrorism and violence against UK citizens. Remember the hostage-takers in Lebanon? They were backed by Iran. Remember the UK sailors kidnapped by Iran a few years ago and mistreated? Remember the threats to wipe our friend and ally Israel off the face of the Earth? Iran is very very much an enemy as I am sure 99% of the non-Muslim UK population appreciate. You are in small and sad minority on this issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by eatmywords View Post
    I'll watch what I want regardless of who threatens me or my politics, because I'm more inclined to resist such behaviour and then more inclined to watch it further, rather than the channels you are watching that are cultivating this kind of attitude.
    Nobody is saying you can't watch what you want. However, when you link anti-Western propaganda from PressTV on here and claim it is "the truth", you shouldn't expect others not to pull you up on it. I watch the BBC most of the time, and I think you will be hard-pressed to find a national broadcaster around the globe that is less biased towards its home nation than the BBC. In fact, a lot of those who work at the BBC have the same left-wing anti-Western values that you have.

    Quote Originally Posted by eatmywords View Post
    And your comment about the type of people who live in these State built apartments is remarkably offensive to the actual people who live there, and in many instances cannot get out of them.
    My hard-earned taxes pay for those people so I will say what I like about them. Given that the building had been condemned anyway, presumably these people had been offered alternative accommodation.

    Quote Originally Posted by eatmywords View Post
    And besides, you wouldn't have even heard about this story if it hadn't been for PressTV, because it certainly wasn't covered by the BBC, even though they were in the building. Well, denying access to the building to residents. That's called censorship, which I consider far worse than propaganda.
    Probably because the story was either not true or absurdly exaggerated. Its funny how in that PressTV report, there only seemed to be two black guys complaining about the situation. Perhaps PressTV had bunged them a quid or two.
    Last edited by Northumbrian; 08-19-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •