Thread: Save this beauty

Banned

Default Save this beauty

I hope someone comes up with the cash to keep the last Vulcan Bomber flying:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-19952395

I am quite happy for the government to contribute. I saw this beautiful aircraft recently fly low over my town and it is much a part of our countries heritage as York Minster or HMS Victory. So sad if the last one disappears from our skies.

If we have to subsidise the Royals, I don't see why we can't pay for the upkeep of this little piece of history.
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

Sticking totally to aircraft history, I would ensure we keep a Comet, a Concorde and a VC10 — though not necessarily flying. Military aircraft are already well provided for...

So often now the sort of money needed for these type of projects can only be got from foreign investors. The recent quest to locate and retrieve 30 Spitfires in Burma, is apparently being funded by a guy from Belarus, and that is almost certainly because of the potential monetry value of those Spitfires. I shouldn,t think the poor old Vulcan for all its grandeur will ever make too much money, so whoever chose to fund it would have to have deep pockets.

2 million a year? No. By all means preserve it in a museum somewhere, but I don't see the value in keeping it in the air purely for entertainment purposes.