Thread: Anti-Muslim Vigilantes

Default Anti-Muslim Vigilantes

The Metropolitan Police have asked for public assistance in obtaining information on a gang or gangs of men who declare themselves to be "Muslim Patrols" circulating across the London area. A recent incident resulted in a Muslim man being subjected to verbal harassment and homophobic intimidation. These gangs have been targeting Mosques late at night and halted people in the street to ask questions and to intimidate them solely on race: "These actions are utterly unacceptable and clearly designed to stoke tensions and sow discord".

What these gangs are trying to do, in a community sense, is unclear, seeing as most Muslims live in close-knit communities. Although a rise in, what I imagine, to be white-fuelled vigilantism can only reinforce that England is becoming more and more sensitive and intolerant to Muslims and the Islamic religion.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/ja...police-arrests
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

Quote Originally Posted by eatmywords View Post
    The Metropolitan Police have asked for public assistance in obtaining information on a gang or gangs of men who declare themselves to be "Muslim Patrols" circulating across the London area. A recent incident resulted in a Muslim man being subjected to verbal harassment and homophobic intimidation. These gangs have been targeting Mosques late at night and halted people in the street to ask questions and to intimidate them solely on race: "These actions are utterly unacceptable and clearly designed to stoke tensions and sow discord".

What these gangs are trying to do, in a community sense, is unclear, seeing as most Muslims live in close-knit communities. Although a rise in, what I imagine, to be white-fuelled vigilantism can only reinforce that England is becoming more and more sensitive and intolerant to Muslims and the Islamic religion.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/ja...police-arrests
    I'm confused. Are you talking about white anti-muslim groups or groups of muslims trying to enforce their views onto other muslims?? Your link is about muslims gangs yet your comments refer to "white fuelled vigilantism" and intimation based solely on race?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    I'm confused. Are you talking about white anti-muslim groups or groups of muslims trying to enforce their views onto other muslims?? Your link is about muslims gangs yet your comments refer to "white fuelled vigilantism" and intimation based solely on race?
    Its quite amusing Rook. Eatmy has taken an article about Muslim gangs intimidating homosexuals and has somehow read into it a story about white gangs targeting Muslims. I've said it before ... in the mindset of the left-winger, racism (or other prejudice) is a crime committed solely by whites.

Eatmy's "freudian slip" has revealed something else that we already knew. In the left-wing scheme of "pecking order", Muslims come far above homosexuals. Despite the fact that everything Islam espouses is abhorrent to the left, the Muslims are the cause par excellence to them.

I suppose the "Anti-Muslim" title might give it away, and the fact these patrols of intimidation of Muslims have been recorded in both East and West London, might indicate these chaps are looking for more than a good time with a single homosexual Muslim; unless all these white vigilantes are looking for the same Muslim homosexual.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eatmywords View Post
    I suppose the "Anti-Muslim" title might give it away, and the fact these patrols of intimidation of Muslims have been recorded in both East and West London, might indicate these chaps are looking for more than a good time with a single homosexual Muslim; unless all these white vigilantes are looking for the same Muslim homosexual.
    You really don't get it do you Eatmy? This story was about MUSLIM vigilantes attacking WHITE homosexual men. Here is the same story on the BBC and Telegraph in case you are still confused. That is not to say that attacks by white racists on Muslims are unknown, but this is not what the story is about. Also, I can't imagine such white racists would specifically target gay Muslim men ... whilst gay Muslims certainly exist, the majority keep their sexuality hidden because of intolerance from their own community.

Is it so hard for you to imagine that Muslims might be capable of racism and homophobia? Apparently one gay man was told to get out of Tower Hamlets because it is now a "Muslim Area". It seems that parts of our own country are no longer our own.
    Last edited by Northumbrian; 01-25-2013 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northumbrian View Post
    You really don't get it do you Eatmy? This story was about MUSLIM vigilantes attacking WHITE homosexual men. Here is the same story on the BBC and Telegraph in case you are still confused. That is not to say that attacks by white racists on Muslims are unknown, but this is not what the story is about. Also, I can't imagine such white racists would specifically target gay Muslim men ... whilst gay Muslims certainly exist, the majority keep their sexuality hidden because of intolerance from their own community.

Is it so hard for you to imagine that Muslims might be capable of racism and homophobia? Apparently one gay man was told to get out of Tower Hamlets because it is now a "Muslim Area". It seems that parts of our own country are no longer our own.
    You are absolutely right Northumbrian, and I apologise. I really haven't been myself lately. I have been distracted by a a councillor, a mad Muslim and the police over the past few months. My mind is close to breaking point, and I'm not sure I'm seeing things in the perspective they are supposed to be seen. I will do better sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Northumbrian View Post
    Its quite amusing Rook. Eatmy has taken an article about Muslim gangs intimidating homosexuals and has somehow read into it a story about white gangs targeting Muslims. I've said it before ... in the mindset of the left-winger, racism (or other prejudice) is a crime committed solely by whites.

Eatmy's "freudian slip" has revealed something else that we already knew. In the left-wing scheme of "pecking order", Muslims come far above homosexuals. Despite the fact that everything Islam espouses is abhorrent to the left, the Muslims are the cause par excellence to them.
    Well, as a "left-winger" myself, I can assure you that is not the case. I have little time or respect for muslims, or anyone else of such strong faith tbh.