Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: White Flight

Multiculturism, in the way it has manifested it,s self in the UK, is not to be applauded out of hand. It,s blatantly obvious, that there are to many examples of communities that have become virtually segregated, from the main stream community, and the mere fact that we have so many various cultures, has to call into question, what will be the bench mark, in the future for loyalty. Not the one called for but the one adhered to by all communities.
    What I object to is the blame game, played by the Tories, History shows that Tory policy, has played as big a part in where we are now as any other parties policy. Whats so very different is their lack of willingness to accept that in an open clean clear way. Well they would wouldn,t they, but in the long term their false attitude is going to make a difficult situation worse.

Quote Originally Posted by eatmywords View Post
    I don't like multiculturism as much as anyone else, but I don't really see what can be done about people secularising themselves into their own communities. I'm sure we would all like to live in a utopia where all races can live and play in a community that holds no prejudice or racism, but I think you are aware as much as me, this is not the case in our society at least. The lower down the social scale you move, the more resentment other races face when settling into these communities.

I will ask Red, do you see multiculturism the problem of the settling country, or the settlers?
    In answer to your question, I would say "multiculturalism" as we see it in British society is largely an invention of liberal politics. Insofar as it exists for political reasons rather than out of any real social need that it wasnt possible to address without it. I don't know if you've read the Parekh Report, but if you had then you'd see what I mean. 23 left wing/vested interest groups tasked with deciding the Labour party's social strategy for the future, published in 2000, commissioned by Jack Straw. I found it disturbing to be honest. Every single person tasked with writing it was involved in some way with some vested interest group or left wing quango. No one else was permitted a voice, and that is plain wrong. It was a great example of a conceited and arrogant group of middle class (expletive deleted)s telling everyone else what they were allowed to think. Even you yourself admit you don't like it.

On the other side of the coin, many migrants themselves are often embarrassed by the lengths to which a section of the liberal left in this country seems to have gone to heap guilt and self loathing on the white majority. Which is a shame, because not only is it unnecessary and often offensive, but it is counter productive. How many times do you see the sentiment among indigenous whites in this country that they feel "immigrants" get special treatment in terms of housing and social benefits for example? It's largely untrue, but its what many people think, and the reason behind that is that they feel they are being unfairly treated. You can rail against them all you like, call them idiots and blame the gutter press. But not all these people are Sun reading "white van man"

The vast majority of migrants I have met are decent, honest people who have come here for good reasons. "Multiculturalism" has done them little good. Its hard not to come to the conclusion that all it has achieved has been to fuel a feeling of resentment among many of the indigenous population.

Red, paints a recognizable picture here. The Parekh report, was definitely not a piece of cross party work. But I just wonder what other countries in Europe, have done on this, that is so very much better than us? The point being that, If immigration is a problem,(many claim it is) then every country in Europe, has a problem. Our politicians have not been on their own in this. France, has 7.2 million of its total population are immigrants. thats 11.1%. 5.1 million born outside the EU. Britain, has 11.3% of population, 4.7 million from outside the EU. Germany 12% of Population 6.4 milllion outside the EU. Immigrant population for Spain 14% 4.1 million outsiders, the Dutch, 11.1%.
    The feelings on the street are par for the course, always have been all through history. But any politician who tries to say his party had nothing to do with this is lying, and any politician who says this is a process that can be reversed, is lying. And because of that should not be trusted. There have been a few in history who told their people they had an answer to this kind of thing, I think we all know who they were and how it turned out.
    Last edited by Mack; 03-21-2013 at 09:41 PM.