Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: Who Has the Gas

  1. #41
    Super Moderator eatmywords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kingston upon Hull
    Posts
    2,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ollyof39 View Post
    In this case we are 'the bad guys' - had it not been for Putin's initiative there'd be even more death and destruction in Damascus by now. The West has gone bonkers, and the sooner we realise it the better. At the last G8 photo-call Putin was looking askance at the others as if asking himself 'WTF am I doing here with this bunch of twerps?'
    Indeed Olly, very astute, that perhaps it is about time to consider that maybe it is us being the bad guys here.

    I cannot accept Assad would order this attack when his regime has been making significant gains in this conflict and pushing back the western-backed rebels. Why cut your wrists if you are going to shoot yourself in the head? Do you really think Assad, if he did order this attack would leave his chemical arsenal where the West believes it to be. You might not be able to fix stupid, but Cameron and Obama better start hoping the future will change this.
    Last edited by eatmywords; 09-14-2013 at 02:14 PM.
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

  2. #42
    Super Moderator eatmywords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kingston upon Hull
    Posts
    2,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ollyof39 View Post
    Er, because I see it on the tv news every night?



    Nor do you - what's your point? All I'm suggesting, in the context, is that if Obama had sent in the drones and cruise missiles, there'd be a fucking sight more death and destruction than there is now, that's all! I mean QED. Are you putting up straw men, making accusations of self-loathing, and asserting non sequitur arguments because you're bored?
    I'm not so convinced with this one though Olly. You don't think the media could be supporting our governments in their drive to bring regime change/democracy? I point this fact out in my earlier post, that Assad has been trying to throttle the media output into and out of the country. It's not the best place to be roaming about with a camera at the moment, so I would imagine reporters and journalists are taking short-cuts to bring the story that would explode the myths and perhaps create unstable facts; such as Abu Sakkar's feasting on a dead government force's heart. Is that fact or fiction? This is the media age, and what we see is more convincing than what we hear. Is anyone listening?
    Last edited by eatmywords; 09-14-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

  3. #43
    Administrator Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Living in a Dictatorship, and finding little difference to a democracy.
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Is that so??
    So, this is your example? Commenting on a lefties thread, which starts out by Criticising two other non-western nations - despite your completely unsubstantiated claims! How many threads have you found the time to start that criticise other countries? Let's count them shall we?

    One.............hmm, wonder which country it is?


    Oh, it's the US!

    Last edited by Will; 09-14-2013 at 03:14 PM.
    Admin Will - Think for yourself, it hasn't been banned, yet.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Contact me.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    So, this is your example? Commenting on a lefties thread, which starts out by Criticising two other non-western nations - despite your completely unsubstantiated claims! How many threads have you found the time to start that criticise other countries? Let's count them shall we?

    One.............hmm, wonder which country it is?


    Oh, it's the US!

    If you're claiming that Im anti US, then I'd rather get into bed with the US than the Russians, the Chinese, or anyone else. I'll state my position again, just in case you are unclear?

    Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    I've stated what I believe US and UK policy is most often aimed at, and that is economic and political self interest. I haven't said it was right or wrong. I have however pointed out that other countries don't have motives that are any better. Or any worse. I don't spend all my time slating the US/UK and conveniently fail to mention other countries or power blocks, or focus my attention solely on the wrongdoings of my own people. What about you?
    You didnt answer the question. What about you?
    Last edited by Red; 09-14-2013 at 05:46 PM.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    410

    Default

    You raise a couple of good points EMW. I believe that our media are often suspiciously biased (the Press barons and Editors-in-chief are thinking of their retirement gongs, doncha know!). It's because of the 'fog of war' that it has been so easy to blame it all on Assad, but the facts you mention - specifically that he has the upper hand - suggest differently. We always believe that the reporters 'on the ground' (jesus but I get sick of that phrase!) are unbiased and worldly-wise, but from my experience in Fleet Street that's not always the case - some of them have achieved their journalistic credentials simply by just scraping in with a pass-mark, are themselves biased in their reportage, or not very bright. I have my doubts about Bowen actually, after his reporting of the Israeli incursions he was assigned to, but that's another story.

    This is the media age, and what we see is more convincing than what we hear.
    True enough - all we can do is observe, discern nuances biased or otherwise, analyse the overall situation, and arrive at our own individual conclusions. I've always believed that Assad has been defending his country, and in doing so the region also.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ollyof39 View Post
    Red post 37

    Pushed for time now - orf out. Just got time for this though:



    When I said they're different I was recalling the incident when a young lad who was selling tea (if I remember correctly) refused to apologise for something or other and was killed and his heart removed and eaten by the so-called 'rebels'. (sorry to be so vague - have just spend half an hour trying to find it on Google, but I did hear it on BBC news). My theory being (I'll come to the point now) that whilst they're the same as us physiologically, they have an entirely differnt mentality and psyche. For example, even in the fiercest heat of battle can you imagine a person from a western culture doing such a thing? I can't!
    There are lunatics in all societies, Olly. The kind of people you are talking about here are militia. Arming men doesn't make them soldiers. When there is no effective law and order, these are the kind of people who try to fill the void. Often its made up of criminals and hard men, whose stated "aims" are not always what they seem.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Scary isn't it? Really they're mad dogs, and should be put down with extreme prejudice in the most painful way conceivable wherever they are.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    410

    Default If this turns out to be true . . .

    "Syria tells Russia it has proof rebels used chemicals"

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24140475

    what would be the implications for Cameron, Hague and Obama?

  9. #49
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    18

    Default

    It is exciting sharing success in binary option, i have been able to get lots of clients lost funds back from the broker they traded with including bonuses which was made on their behalf and this will not take more than a week and you will have every bit of your funds back to your designated account. it takes few easy steps and you will be happy again. I will as well be keen to help anyone interested to invest in trading binary option or bitcoin trading investment management at the moment. I will help in trading and management of the account and we share profit earned, i have my percentage in trading for each investor.. I can earn you $36,700 within 4-5 days with $5,000 minimum investment. Feel free to contact me on email , [email protected] or [email protected] skype* brasch.adolf2.. whatsapp +12675713978..cheers

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •