Thread: This will interest Northumbrian

Default This will interest Northumbrian

"DNA study suggests hunting did not kill off the woolly mammoths fifteen squillion years ago. Researchers (what would we do without researchers? ) have found evidence to suggest that climate change 'did it for them', rather than humans."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24034954

Fancy that now! And here's ignorant li'l ol' me been a-thinkin' they got zapped by the same asteroid as the dinosaurs did when they 'walked the earth'. Fascinating stuff, or what??

Can you not provoke specific members into responding please Olly. Again, attack the post, not the poster.
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

I don't think Northumbrian will look on it as 'provocation'; neither am I 'attacking' him. Either way, he's adult and articulate enough to respond or to not respond isn't he? You know him better than I do! As to the perceived 'attack' - if I do attack 'the post' I will by definition be attacking the poster - who wrote the bloody post??

I know Olly, but it is based on experience when you try to bait people into responding, the debate doesn't go to a good place.

Quote Originally Posted by eatmywords View Post
    I know Olly, but it is based on experience when you try to bait people into responding, the debate doesn't go to a good place.
    Maybe, but it makes for a lively and interesting board? And if it does get out of hand you've got the ultimate sanctions haven't you? Warning (isn't that what the Zoo's for?), suspension, and if all fails, unilateral discontinuation of membership? I used to be on a certain board where the moderators were so sensitive, and unnecessarily interfering, I just thought 'fuck you lot!' and buggered off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyof39 View Post
    Maybe, but it makes for a lively and interesting board? And if it does get out of hand you've got the ultimate sanctions haven't you? Warning (isn't that what the Zoo's for?), suspension, and if all fails, unilateral discontinuation of membership? I used to be on a certain board where the moderators were so sensitive, and unnecessarily interfering, I just thought 'fuck you lot!' and buggered off.
    lol. I can assure you, we don't unnecessarily interfere. Well, maybe in the interest of upholding the integrity of the site, but it is rare.