Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75

Thread: The idiotic war on drugs!

  1. #1
    Administrator Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Living in a Dictatorship, and finding little difference to a democracy.
    Posts
    2,319

    Default The idiotic war on drugs!

    How many Police chiefs, drugs experts, medical experts, financial experts, business experts, public figures, etc., have to come out and say we need to end this idiotic war on drugs???

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24320717

    The government is absolutely rigid in its defence of a war that has not and cannot EVER be won, a war which has cost us Billions, and will continue to cost us billions for decades to come!

    What exactly is it that is making our fucking retarded leaders ignore evidence based policy in favour of expensive policy based on ignorance and failure? I just don't get it.

    The BBC has found a petition worth signing.

    https://submissions.epetitions.direc...etitions/43034
    Last edited by Will; 09-29-2013 at 03:47 PM.
    Admin Will - Think for yourself, it hasn't been banned, yet.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Contact me.

  2. #2

    Default

    So are we saying 'Right, there's no point in us trying to stop these idiots from destroying their own bodies, their own lives, their families, their own careers/jobs, their own prospects. They're going to do it anyway, just let them get on with it. And it'll be perfectly legal for them to turn themselves into zombified incoherent wasters.' Yup, OK so far. (As long as we're not expected to pay for it, e.g. through the NHS like that birk suggested on the news today.)
    However, my guess is the number of druggies would increase, I would think quite dramatically. My concern is what do we intend to do to protect ordinary people from these drug-riddled no-hopers. Once the law has made it clear to them that it is perfectly legal to be totally out of it, conventional values go out of the window - well ours would as far as they're concerned. As such people are only half aware of what they're doing when they're under the influence, and even when they're not probably don't care much anyway (well, they're not bothered much about their own health, why should they be bothered about the well-being of the rest of us), then muggings burglaries and all the rest would rise. (IMHO, as they say)

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    What exactly is it that is making our fucking retarded leaders ignore evidence based policy in favour of expensive policy based on ignorance and failure? I just don't get it.
    No you don't get it Will, and neither does anyone who promotes the lunacy of legalising drugs. As someone on the news quite amusingly said yesterday, legalising drugs is a bit like hanging your house keys on the outside of your front door so that burglars can freely enter your house and take all your belongings without trashing the place.

    The true f**king retards in this situation are the people who use illegal drugs. As well as the unbelievably stupid and selfish act of destroying their own health and economic productivity, it is these people who are knowingly responsible for inflicting a criminal infrastructure on the rest of society. As with all selfish and weak people, the drug-using minority expect the state to pay for their failure.

    Well perhaps it is time the rest of society tells these selfish idiots where to go. There should be much higher sentences for people caught using or possessing drugs, as well as those dealing in drugs. Yes, this includes cannabis - I have never bought into the "its no worse than tobacco" bulls**t. At the end of the day, people know its an illegal drug so they shouldn't use it.

    Ultimately, the drug-taking morons have decided to opt themselves out of Darwinian evolution. They are certainly not the kind of people we want bringing up a future generation. In my opinion, there would be no harm in hastening the process by having the government secretly poisoning the drug supply with chemicals to make drug users infertile. If not solving the drug problem immediately, that would certainly help a few decades down the line. Call me heartless if you like, but I have no sympathy with these people. How many lives of non-drug-users have been ruined by these selfish idiots?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    410

    Default

    I've just posted this on my other board - it's well-known there how much contempt I have for what's laughingly called 'a police service' of this knackered country of ours. quote The idea is so that plod can wash their hands of it, and add it to their ever-growing list of things which 'We take (this) extremely seriously but we can't be arsed to actually do anything about them.' If they can do that with two or three other things they soon won't have anything left to take seriously. What a fucking joke it all is! unquote

  5. #5
    Administrator Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Living in a Dictatorship, and finding little difference to a democracy.
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by molesworth1 View Post
    So are we saying 'Right, there's no point in us trying to stop these idiots from destroying their own bodies, their own lives, their families, their own careers/jobs, their own prospects. They're going to do it anyway, just let them get on with it. And it'll be perfectly legal for them to turn themselves into zombified incoherent wasters.' Yup, OK so far. (As long as we're not expected to pay for it, e.g. through the NHS like that birk suggested on the news today.)
    Nope, that's not what it's saying at all. Perhaps you should try reading it?

    You seem wilfully ignorant of the fact that we are ALREADY paying for it through the NHS. The vast majority of serious health problems associated with harder drugs, come from the fact that IT IS ILLEGAL! Inconsistent doses that lead to overdosing, sharing needles which pass on disease, drugs cut with lethal toxins so the dealers can make more money. The Heroin legalisation program that has been running in Switzerland for decades has been so successful at saving lives and rehabilitating addicts that it has been made permanent.

    So, perhaps you should tell me why you'd rather we had more people dying and more people remaining addicts, and more people committing crime to fund their habit. Tell me why you think such idiocy is preferable.

    However, my guess is the number of druggies would increase, I would think quite dramatically.
    So, you're basing your whole opinion on an ill-informed 'guess.' The reality is very very different from your 'guess.'

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...f-in-portugal/

    My concern is what do we intend to do to protect ordinary people from these drug-riddled no-hopers. Once the law has made it clear to them that it is perfectly legal to be totally out of it, conventional values go out of the window - well ours would as far as they're concerned. As such people are only half aware of what they're doing when they're under the influence, and even when they're not probably don't care much anyway (well, they're not bothered much about their own health, why should they be bothered about the well-being of the rest of us), then muggings burglaries and all the rest would rise. (IMHO, as they say)
    More ill-informed reasoning. As above, drug legalisation significantly reduces crime as addicts don't need to commit crimes to get their fix. Since legalisation reduces use, it seems ordinary people like yourself can continue to be ordinary.
    Admin Will - Think for yourself, it hasn't been banned, yet.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Contact me.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    410

    Default

    The current sanctions for convicted dealers obviously isn't enough to deter them. The way to go is to effing well make it enough to deter them, not change the bloody law of the land!!

  7. #7
    Administrator Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Living in a Dictatorship, and finding little difference to a democracy.
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northumbrian View Post
    No you don't get it Will, and neither does anyone who promotes the lunacy of legalising drugs.
    So the ACMN, WHO, UN, Home Affairs Committee, Institute for Social and Economic Research, Chief of Police, Academics, etc. all don't get it? Trouble is Northumbrian, your opinion doesn't match that of EVERY Academic who has compiled research on the subject. For someone who claims to be a scientist, it amazes me how easily you disregard scientific evidence.

    As someone on the news quite amusingly said yesterday, legalising drugs is a bit like hanging your house keys on the outside of your front door so that burglars can freely enter your house and take all your belongings without trashing the place.
    Hilarious in its stupidity.

    The true f**king retards in this situation are the people who use illegal drugs. As well as the unbelievably stupid and selfish act of destroying their own health and economic productivity,
    Strange to hear you say this, I thought being a Tory was all about being selfish and fucking everyone else. The fact remains that almost everyone over the age of 18 is a regular drug user, yet the country seems to manage. What people like you also fail to appreciate is that drug use goes down when it is legalised.

    it is these people who are knowingly responsible for inflicting a criminal infrastructure on the rest of society. As with all selfish and weak people, the drug-using minority expect the state to pay for their failure.
    That criminal infrastructure wouldn't be there if it were legal. WHy is this so difficult for you to grasp?

    Well perhaps it is time the rest of society tells these selfish idiots where to go. There should be much higher sentences for people caught using or possessing drugs, as well as those dealing in drugs. Yes, this includes cannabis - I have never bought into the "its no worse than tobacco" bulls**t. At the end of the day, people know its an illegal drug so they shouldn't use it.
    Haha, that "bullshit" happens to be scientific fact. Again, it amazes me that someone who claims to be a scientist is so easily prepared to disregard scientific fact, while not even bothering to present any counter-research.

    Even more hilarious, as if drug prohibition wasn't already costing the UK billions, you want to spend hundreds of millions more locking people up for longer! Tell me Northumbrian, what evidence do you have that this will work?

    Ultimately, the drug-taking morons have decided to opt themselves out of Darwinian evolution. They are certainly not the kind of people we want bringing up a future generation. In my opinion, there would be no harm in hastening the process by having the government secretly poisoning the drug supply with chemicals to make drug users infertile. If not solving the drug problem immediately, that would certainly help a few decades down the line. Call me heartless if you like, but I have no sympathy with these people. How many lives of non-drug-users have been ruined by these selfish idiots?
    Heartless? I was thinking more like Nazi, I can't think of anything quite as despicable as what you've just suggested.
    Admin Will - Think for yourself, it hasn't been banned, yet.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Contact me.

  8. #8
    Administrator Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Living in a Dictatorship, and finding little difference to a democracy.
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ollyof39 View Post
    The current sanctions for convicted dealers obviously isn't enough to deter them. The way to go is to effing well make it enough to deter them, not change the bloody law of the land!!
    Like in America, where that has totally failed to work?
    Admin Will - Think for yourself, it hasn't been banned, yet.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Contact me.

  9. #9
    Administrator Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Living in a Dictatorship, and finding little difference to a democracy.
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ollyof39 View Post
    I've just posted this on my other board - it's well-known there how much contempt I have for what's laughingly called 'a police service' of this knackered country of ours. quote The idea is so that plod can wash their hands of it, and add it to their ever-growing list of things which 'We take (this) extremely seriously but we can't be arsed to actually do anything about them.' If they can do that with two or three other things they soon won't have anything left to take seriously. What a fucking joke it all is! unquote
    The joke is that people like yourself would rather remain ignorant of the facts for no logical reason, and willfully refuse to acknowledge that prohibition does NOT work to prevent drugs. Again, take a look at the classic example of alcohol prohibition in America and exactly what that did to crime rates.
    Admin Will - Think for yourself, it hasn't been banned, yet.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Contact me.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    410

    Default

    I don't know about that - nor care actually - but if it didn't work then the revised sanction still wasn't enough to deter them - is that a reason to surrender to the dealers? That's the trouble with this country - the authorities always take the path of least resistance, or to put it another way - what's easiest for them. It's bound to happen to any country which has become bureaucratised; as we all know, bureaucrats are not very intelligent and are always bone idle. The title of the jobsworths' rule book is 'If it's easier to do nothing then do nothing.'
    Last edited by Ollyof39; 09-30-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •