Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: David Cameron Upholds Spying

Quote Originally Posted by eatmywords View Post
    If you are saying it's better to keep this kind of behaviour secret, to avoid this, then what kind of society is this promoting? This is no different to the behaviour of Communist Russia and the KGB, which America was so vociferous against.
    You said it yourself, " The end justifies the means". The real question to ask, is whose ends justify the means the most? The irony for me is the fact that Snowden, is happy too park his conscience in the keeping of Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    You said it yourself, " The end justifies the means". The real question to ask, is whose ends justify the means the most? The irony for me is the fact that Snowden, is happy too park his conscience in the keeping of Putin.
    It is rather ironic that a US citizen has defected to Russia and the US government can't rely on the communist taint to muddy the water. Forces do seem to be working against the US globally. They need to watch out or China could replace them in the consciences of other nations.
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

Quote Originally Posted by eatmywords View Post
    It is rather ironic that a US citizen has defected to Russia and the US government can't rely on the communist taint to muddy the water. Forces do seem to be working against the US globally. They need to watch out or China could replace them in the consciences of other nations.
    The times they are a changing. History teaches the truth of that. It also teaches there is more than one way to skin a cat. Russia, and definitely China, have woken to those adages. I wonder if we have?