Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marine A

Default Marine A

WGAF - that Talib has probably killed some children at some time in the past, or will do in the future. As to the latter - now he can't!! Makes sense in my book to take him out before he does. Storm in a bloody teacup hyped up by desk-bound warriors in the MoD and the gormless holier-than-thou liberal establishment, which would persecute 'the poor bloody infantry' so that it can wear its sanctimony for all to see, and that's why the West is so despised.

0810 I've just emailed Today saying he should be given a medal and promoted.

Can't have the military executing prisoners. That's the job of the Met...

A little from column A and a little from column B.
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

It's been said that this is an isolated case.Well ok! but is that because it's only in recent years our infantry have taken to recording their every move? Murder is murder, or it should be in a perfect world. But we all know that the one time when that adage is most conveniently forgotten is when we, as a society, train our young men and women to murder, and then instruct them to actually do so.I suspect that situations not unsimilar to this one have always occurred. There was a time in the war with Japan when it often proved fatal to try and treat a wounded adversary.

Quote Originally Posted by eatmywords View Post
    A little from column A and a little from column B.
    What?

I think a soldier should have the freedom to execute their objectives in most ways possible, but reducing yourself to your enemy's mentality does not reveal your objectives with any degree of integrity, or honour.
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

Liberal bullshit - that's why they'll win every bloody time with that idiotic rationale, and it's why they loathe us. 'integrity and honour'? FFS this is the battlefield we're talking about here, not a bloody cricket match!!!

Can't help agreeing with Olly, in so much as we have be careful not to lose our edge, simply by trying to be to civilised, whilst involving our people in some very uncivilised activities. A big part of the problem is that in the conflicts we currently engage in we see ourselves more as police than warriors.

Thank you Mack but the point is we have no business even being there; who the hell are we to think we know what's best for others, when we're on the brink of anarchy ourselves in this country? I mean, the sheer bloody arrogance of it when most of us dare not walk our own streets after dark. It wouldn't be so bad if we were making it even the slightest bit better for the Afghans, but after almost 12 years all we've succeeded in doing is to make it worse, increase opium production, attract their hatred, and all that at the same time as financially supporting a corrupt government. Never mind about Cameron's withdrawal pledge in 2014 - fat chance of that! The plain and simple fact is that we won't get out of their until we're bankrupt: only then will the Taliban allow us to leave.

Again I can agree with most of what you say here. But my concern is more to do with the individuals who we ask to carry out what for a lot of us would be considered unthinkable. It concerns me that for the sake of our own consciences we place to much on theirs.