Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ban all adverts for children?

Kingston upon Hull

I'm not say a majority, but I'm aware of the stresses of dealing with debt that can mount under minimum means when I lost my job in engineering in the mid-90s. One thing I did was just throw the regular letters into a drawer and ignored them. It is a mental fear of a situation that is not really the consumer's fault; in such a circumstance. It's great to take a loan when things are going well, but when they are not, there doesn't seem to be a way out when the finances are not there; and the lender is pretty much unsympathetic under such circumstances.

I agree the free market is pretty much a misnomer, but how much regulation do we want? Besides which, these companies and institutions will always find a way to circumnavigate the regulation, or find new ways to exploit the market; hence the reason why we have these pay-day lenders.
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

Why are you letting your children watch so much telly in the first place? If you didn't, or restricted telly to when the family can watch it together and the adults can comment on the ads, then the'd be less of a problem. Alternatively stick to the BBC.