Thread: All hail the Time Lord

Default All hail the Time Lord

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006q2x0

And the infantalising of the UK continues like a runaway train - weekend television naturellement. I'm surprised the BBC hasn't turned it into a phone-in for who the best 'doctor' or the most shaggable assistant is - that'd be a right old money-spinner for them. When the DG read this, heads will roll in Media City ('Media City' ) for not thinking of it.

Infantalising? Dr WHo was never an adult programme, it always catered to kids . . . By wife still loves it though - to the put where we were planning to watch it the 50th in the cinema

It was probably made for kids Rookie, but the adults thought it was for them - at least the adults with the brains of children did. I'm not casting aspersions on your missus though - she's in the vast, vast majority.

I really don't get all the fuss about Dr Who. It is essentially a kids program that adults seem to either think they should like or like for some very strange reason.
    I must admit to watching it in the past though. I was 10 at the time but grew out of it around then.

You may have come up with a good idea for the beeb Olly. They could have a live show where some completely inappropriate individuals who are deluded enough to think they would make a good Dr Who audition/sell their soul for the part. Something like acting out a scene from an episode and having the public vote for their favourite.
    People seem to vote for almost anything these days, apart from politics that is.