Thread: I'm Coming Out!

Default I'm Coming Out!

I would just like to announce that 25 years ago approx., my life, and my bank balance, changed massively, when I met someone, and they make me feel happy (well, most of the time), safe (except financially you understand) and life's just great. And er, um, er, well you know kind of thing, er, that someone, oh gosh how can I put this, is of the opposite sex. There you are, now you can all stop sniggering and send me congratulations, just to prove that you are PC and liberal (a la BBC), and we can stop this heterophobia once and for all.

In fact I'll send this announcement to the BBC, and they can put it on 3rd item of the national news to pre-empt vicious bitchy rumours of me being straight.

The whole country will be interested and cock-a-hoop to hear the news. Phew, this is such a relief.

I can see where you are coming from but to put this in perspective. Slavery was abolished in the early 1800's yet racism was still rife and acceptable on comedy TV programs such as Love Thy Neighbour and the Alf Garnet one.
    Homosexuality was illegal until the mid 1960's and still has a certain amount of stigma attached.

How many footballers come out as gay? Very few, and then they only come out at the end of their career. I can see why he's gone public.

So molesworth's not gay?
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    Homosexuality was illegal until the mid 1960's and still has a certain amount of stigma attached.
    I can see why he's gone public.
    Personally I don't think there is any stigma attached to it AT ALL these days. That went sailing out of the window about 20 years ago. Yes, there may be the occasional odd-ball who tries to make a big deal of it, but THEY are the oddity, not the gay.
    We had it drummed into us (quite rightly so) that it is perfectly acceptable, normal and unremarkable to be gay ages ago (do you ever see an eyebrow raised these days?). The trouble is the Beeb, in their self-acclaimed role as 'public educators', and others, seem not to have realised that we got the message decades ago, and - (don't worry, I'm not being homophobic when I say this - it's just an observation) - gays do seem to have this idea that the rest of us are remotely interested, or should be. We're not. We're now bored with it. Like, so what?
    Last edited by molesworth1; 12-12-2013 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    I can see where you are coming from but to put this in perspective. Slavery was abolished in the early 1800's yet racism was still rife and acceptable on comedy TV programs such as Love Thy Neighbour and the Alf Garnet one.
    Homosexuality was illegal until the mid 1960's and still has a certain amount of stigma attached.How many footballers come out as gay? Very few, and then they only come out at the end of their career. I can see why he's gone public.
    I can't think why!