A gift to all mankind.

From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...n-1327902.html

Just throwing this in the pot!

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...n-1327902.html

Just throwing this in the pot!
    " One man,s freedom fighter", and all that, Sid. In his case it would be difficult to defend the stance of his enemy. yet so easy to praise his forgiveness of that same enemy.

The press and media are falling over each other in their desparation to be the ones lavishing him with the most praise . . . Even going as far as to compare Mandela to Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    The press and media are falling over each other in their desparation to be the ones lavishing him with the most praise . . . Even going as far as to compare Mandela to Jesus
    Oh dear oh dear. I'm not sure Jesus ever blew up a government building. Nonetheless he did become an integral symbol for peace and reconciliation for the whole of Africa, and he did manage to keep the people from turning upon their former oppressors. Ultimately he did then focus upon the one true path, regardless of decades, if not centuries, of fascist brutality towards his native population. I wouldn't compare him to Jesus, but when he was released and he walked those miles among his people, one could say he shared a similarity to Ghandi. Why not compare him to Mandela, and let the history books define him in his own right.
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Shame if it should deflect from his part in the minor miracle that was achieved in S.A.

Quote Originally Posted by eatmywords View Post
    Oh dear oh dear. I'm not sure Jesus ever blew up a government building. Nonetheless he did become an integral symbol for peace and reconciliation for the whole of Africa, and he did manage to keep the people from turning upon their former oppressors. Ultimately he did then focus upon the one true path, regardless of decades, if not centuries, of fascist brutality towards his native population. I wouldn't compare him to Jesus, but when he was released and he walked those miles among his people, one could say he shared a similarity to Ghandi. Why not compare him to Mandela, and let the history books define him in his own right.
    He did get pretty stroppy with the money lenders, smashing their tables, and throwing the dough all over the place. Jesus, I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    He did get pretty stroppy with the money lenders, smashing their tables, and throwing the dough all over the place. Jesus, I mean.