Thread: Crime at its lowest for 35 years . . .

Default Crime at its lowest for 35 years . . .

. . . economy 'turning the corner' (again! and if you believe that, you'll believe anything!)...exports up...unemployment down...the sun will come out tomorrow...fracking will bring millions of jobs (no gas, but millions of jobs! )

It's good news all the way, isn't it? Er . . . general election anyone?

Criminals can't afford to steal. Besides, most people use debit and credit cards to pay for stuff, and most major purchases are done online, so obviously crime will be lower. No more masked gun-men frightening the heck out of Post-Office ladies with a sawn-off shotgun; no less because there are very few Post Offices left. Car thieves can't afford to fill the tank up. And we seem to be heading towards full legalisation of cannabis. So, all change please, this country alights here.

I would think it interesting to find out how much is fraudulently obtained through the internet, through stolen credit cards, identity theft, etc. As I'm sure it's quite significant if banks have whole departments dedicated to the thing. Now, your bank never had an anti-masked gunman department did it.
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

This is pure spin: Plod has obviously altered the parameters of how it's measured, and let's face it - who'd bother calling them as the victim of a crime? I wouldn't; anyone who does will find themselves in the middle of a nightmare of zero protection from reprisals, and immersed in the lumpen judicial system. Best to just grin and bear it. Which of course will ostensibly improve statistics even more!! Kafka would recognise today's society in this dysfunctional country.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyof39 View Post
    This is pure spin: Plod has obviously altered the parameters of how it's measured, and let's face it - who'd bother calling them as the victim of a crime? I wouldn't; anyone who does will find themselves in the middle of a nightmare of zero protection from reprisals, and immersed in the lumpen judicial system. Best to just grin and bear it. Which of course will ostensibly improve statistics even more!! Kafka would recognise today's society in this dysfunctional country.
    I would agree with you if it wasn't for the parallel survey "Crime in England and Wales" which gets its info from the public. This virtually tracks Police figures...
    http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/crime-...june-2013.html

If you go by the stat,s being pushed by the government, every ones in clover. Virtually everything positive. Seeing as we have been taken to the bottom of the barrel it wouldn't,t be that hard to show an apparent upturn. Statistics are so easy to spin. You can even fool the governor of the Bank of England, he thought they meant real jobs , paying real money.
    These crime figures are interesting though, if only because, this lot have done absolutely nothing that would have dramatically changed the nations natural tendencies towards crime. It would seem that with a reduced police force, and a Tory government, thousands have seen the error of their ways.
    Far better to remember ,that just a couple of months back ,Georgie, boy promised another 20 billion in cuts, Yes cuts. And Mark Carney, Won,t change interest rates because he knows that they ain't,t real jobs that have been counted.

Quote Originally Posted by eatmywords View Post
    because there are very few Post Offices left.
    There are around 12,500 Post Offices throughout the UK. That's more branches than all the banks and building societies combined...

Living in a Dictatorship, and finding little difference to a democracy.

My personal theory is that having a cool mobile phone is all that many people aspire to these days. Crime has gone down because there are so many distractions these days, people haven't got time to be serious criminals.

I'm being facetious, but there's some truth in there somewhere I'm sure, I just can't nail it down.
    Admin Will - Think for yourself, it hasn't been banned, yet.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Contact me.