Thread: Margaret Thatcher 'personally covered up' child abuse allegations

Default Margaret Thatcher 'personally covered up' child abuse allegations

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...red-up-3848836

If this is true it could be bigger than the Jimmy Saville investigations.

Personally I think this is something that is very possible indeed and could bring a lot of shame on a lot of people.

Who is the minister they are talking about in this article? I have my suspicions but would like to know what others think.

Guess we'll have to wait to see what any inquiry brings out. But this item doesn't seem to have created much excitement yet...

There's another article in the papers today that Barbara Castle had a dossier confiscated that she presented to her local paper the Bury Messenger.
    I'm sure the powers that be in the government will be doing all they can to bury the story. If there was no truth in it I'm sure Thatchers family would be taking legal action for slander otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    There's another article in the papers today that Barbara Castle had a dossier confiscated that she presented to her local paper the Bury Messenger.
    I'm sure the powers that be in the government will be doing all they can to bury the story. If there was no truth in it I'm sure Thatchers family would be taking legal action for slander otherwise.
    Thatcher and Castle are both conveniently dead, so it's going to be difficult to substantiate the claims. Also the following sounds like someone embroidering a story:
    "Hale said special branch officers arrived at the Messenger's office, showed him a D-notice and warned him of imprisonment if he failed to hand over the dossier."
    "D notices" don't work that way. They're advisory only, and editors can ignore them...
    Last edited by Patman Post; 07-17-2014 at 12:06 PM.