Thread: Who is going to stop the Palestinian genocide?

Default Who is going to stop the Palestinian genocide?

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/07...-in-palestine/

There are some interesting points being made in the above article. One states that "The Palestinians have been the victims of genocide as defined by the 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide."

Was that not the very same year that Israel was created?

With this current ground invasion and the death toll rising to the hundreds, surely the time should have come when somebody steps in to stop this. If any other country invaded their neighbour for the murder of three of their citizens the US would reign down a great fury upon them. Or does their need to be oil present for this to happen?

Someone steps in Sid? Outside of the Almighty himself I don't think anyone is going to sort this out. With both Obama and Cameron calling for Israeli restraint' I think we both know where those two are coming from, and which side they support. In contrast both too condemned Hamas for the murder of 2 Israelis.

I found this in the Northern Ireland Telegraph, a parochial paper:
    His condemnation of Hamas's rockets is, of course, very important and welcome; targeting civilians is a war crime. However, his statements lacked any sense of balance, or true intelligent understanding of the reality on the ground.

I found the lack of condemnation towards Israel for its disproportionate use of force to be appalling. Cameron made no effort to require Israel to live up to its obligations under international law and there was no sense that the Prime Minister even cares about the deaths of Palestinians. There was no mention of Britain's obligations under international law, no points made on the fact Britain should in both practice and theory be using its power to protect the lives of Palestinians and Israelis. Nothing was said about non-combatants. Cameron didn't criticise or condemn Israel's killing of civilians.

More than 170 people have been killed; entire families have been bombed using hundreds of tons of explosives. Sometimes, you might hear Israeli officials claim the Defence Forces do everything they can to avoid civilian "casualties". This is a blatant lie, as proven not only by the figures (mostly civilians) showing kill rates of 1,400-to-nine in Operation Cast Lead, 176-to-six in Operation Pillar of Defense and 163-to-nil in the current offensive, Operation Protective Edge, but also by the fact international law is quite clear in its view that homes of civilians are not legitimate military targets. Mr Cameron's statements reveal an institutionalised disregard for Palestinian life, as if the deaths are somehow acceptable as long as Israel says it's for self-defence, or in the context of military operations.
    I hate to burst your bubble about the US raining down on whoever attacked their citizens, but this young chap was beaten so bad by the IDF he nearly died. The only problem was he turned out to be a US citizen. The US Ambassador said 'they did not condone the beating of US citizens'. What would come a little later clearly infers they do advocate the genocide of a defenceless people.

Last edited by eatmywords; 07-25-2014 at 07:20 AM.
    Faced with certain disaster, defiance is the only answer.

It looks like the Israelis and the Americans can do whatever they want. They have now targeted a UN school killing 16. They obviously meant to drop a bomb here as they said there remote drone showed nobody in the playground!
    My question would be how long after receiving the info that the playground was empty did the attack take place.

Where's the UN peacekeeping force to stop this whole affair?

Armageddon. It's, waiting there for the ," Gathering of Armies". If the Isrealies, carry on like this much longer, the prophets, will be proved right.

The more I read into this the more annoyed I get. There are now almost 300 children dead. Over 200 of those are under 12. Bombing schools and refugee camps. Where is the international outcry? Where's the demand for the West to intervene/
    Or is this simply a case of Palestine finally being destroyed to secure a foothold in the Middle East. Israel for me is more like an American outpost rather than a country in its own right. It was created from nothing after the war to give people a homeland. making a county for a religious belief was never going to be smooth but this situation is diabolical.