Thread: Anybody like to discuss something......... anything?

Default Anybody like to discuss something......... anything?

Anybody like to discuss something......... anything?

Football, racism, religion?

Although the events in Paris were truly shocking, this is what may happen when peoples religious beliefs are not fully respected and then held up to ridicule.
    Last edited by lysander; 01-08-2015 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    Although the events in Paris were truly shocking, this is what may happen when peoples religious beliefs are not fully respected and then held up to ridicule.
    You're defending the actions of people who will gun down unarmed innocent people because they've drawn a cartoon?
    Ridiculous.

Muslims are beheading Christians by the hundreds in the Middle East. They haven't drawn any cartoons, they are just Christian. Anything to say about that?

I am not defending the gunmen but I am opposed to the magazine. I support responsible free-speech but not the kind of muck that appears in this magazine.. Most Muslims want to live in peace with other religions. It's just the few that attract all the negative publicity.

Just the few that attract negative attention?! How many Christian terrorists are there?

And they are drawings. If your God were so offended then why does he not strike the cartoonists down himself? That would be because all religion is bullshit and we all die and there is only oblivion after. All your shite about being sent to heaven to meet 66 virgins is bollocks. That's just some shit some cave dwelling pedo thought up a few hundred years ago. And yes, in this society marrying little girls does make someone a pedo!

I read CH sometimes, and I think it's rude, spiteful and insulting though there is a lot to be rude, spiteful and insulting about among its targets. It seems to be written from an studenty anarchic leftish pov. Sometimes there's something to snigger over. But execute people for? Never...

It appears that lessons have not been learnt. Past mistakes look set to be repeated, probably with similar results.

Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    It appears that lessons have not been learnt. Past mistakes look set to be repeated, probably with similar results.
    Are you serious? Your comments appear to be suggesting that because there have been more cartoons of the pedo prophet it's okay to go and kill more people. You are sick and endorsing sick actions.

It could leave one to come to the conclusion that the Muslim mindset is one of a medieval barbarian who rules by the sword.