Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ched Evans is Innocent

Default Ched Evans is Innocent

All this talk of Ched Evans never playing football again is ridiculous. After reading articles which brought into doubt the conviction I decided to track down the transcript of the trial.
    After reading it the British Judicial system should be ashamed of the travesty of justice.

Read it and then tell me differently.

https://www.crimeline.info/uploads/c...cacrim2559.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    All this talk of Ched Evans never playing football again is ridiculous. After reading articles which brought into doubt the conviction I decided to track down the transcript of the trial.
    After reading it the British Judicial system should be ashamed of the travesty of justice.

Read it and then tell me differently.

https://www.crimeline.info/uploads/c...cacrim2559.pdf
    What you've posted is the transcript of a renewed application for leave to appeal against both conviction and sentence following refusal by the single judge. Evans was originally found guilty by a jury and convicted. Until and unless that conviction is overturned he remains a convicted rapist...

As for Evans playing football again, would a taxi driver or school teacher convicted of rape be allowed to take up their chosen careers again...?

Okay, it's the appeal application. The facts of the case are there though. She was either too drunk to consent to sex therefore both of them are guilty or she said that the day after when she woke up and remembered that she had gone back to a hotel with one man she'd just met then had sex with another who turned up later.

How many people go out at the weekend and have a drunken shag? Thousands. They aren't rapists, it was a drunken shag. If it weren't the courts and jails would be overrun with these so called rapists.

How many other footballers get accused of rape and it gets thrown out? Quite a number. How many have raped someone. I can't think of any.

If also the person who is more sober is the one who should tke responsibility should there not be a similar crime for women who sleep with men who are more drunk than they are? How many women have been convicted of this type of rape?

If there is such a thing as sexual equality then there would be a number of women who raped me in my youth! When I was 19 was I therefore raped by a 44 year old because she was pretty sober and I was smashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    As for Evans playing football again, would a taxi driver or school teacher convicted of rape be allowed to take up their chosen careers again...?
    I don't believe it was rape therefore he should be able to return to football.

The jury sat through all the evidence and came to its decision. I did not attend the trial and sit through all the evidence — did you? So unless an appeal court decides there was a mistrial or new evidence raises reasonable doubt, Evans remains a convicted rapist in my view. My only unease with the result concerns the neanderthal attitudes towards rape this trial has brought up and the treatment the victim continues to receive from potentially dangerous sexual predators...

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    I don't believe it was rape therefore he should be able to return to football.
    A court decision says it was rape. Therefore fans, clubs and sponsors can legitimately decide not to support Evans as he tries to get back into football...

My only unease with the result concerns the neanderthal attitudes towards rape this trial has brought up and the treatment the victim continues to receive from potentially dangerous sexual predators...
    Don't be so ridiculous. Rape victims don't usually ask for and receive oral sex!

A court decision says it was rape. Therefore fans, clubs and sponsors can legitimately decide not to support Evans as he tries to get back into football...
    Stefan Klizsko was a murderer in the eyes of the law for more than 30 years. He did nothing wrong at all. Just because someone is found guilty doesn't automatically mean they have done something wrong just as if someone has been found innocent doesn't mean they've done nothing wrong.

I prefer to not look on the world in black and white. I don't believe everything I'm told and I can make a decision of my own when presented with facts.

Looks like fans, the club, and it's sponsors have spoken and Evans won't sign for Oldham. But reports of threats to personnel associated with the club if the signing went ahead should be dealt with. They're as unacceptable as the campaign against the rape victim who's been forced to move several times...