Thread: Harry Potter Returns

Default Harry Potter Returns

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, a new story by J K Rowling, opens as a play at the Palace Theatre in the West End of London in July next year. Based on J K Rowling's eighth story in the Harry Potter series, it will be the first Potter story presented on stage. The big question is, who will play Harry?
    Last edited by lysander; 10-27-2015 at 01:01 PM.

Jamie Parker will star as the adult Harry. We see Harry as a father and overworked Ministry of Magic employee. We pick up the story 19 years after Harry left Hogwarts, waving goodbye to his two eldest children as they begin their first year at Hogwarts. But danger lies ahead for them as The Dark Lords followers plot revenge. Should be good. The eighth book Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is out at the end of July.
    Last edited by lysander; 02-15-2016 at 01:49 PM.

Apparently Harry Potter and the Cursed Child could end up as a full cast radio drama. I wonder if Daniel Radcliffe will get to star in the radio dramatization. To me he is the only real Harry Potter.

In just a few days we may finally learn the fate of young Albus Potter as he begins his first term at Hogwarts. The first Previews of the play begin at the Palace Theatre on June 7th and it looks like a sell-out until next year.

Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    In just a few days we may finally learn the fate of young Albus Potter as he begins his first term at Hogwarts. The first Previews of the play begin at the Palace Theatre on June 7th and it looks like a sell-out until next year.
    Apparently theatre-goers at the preview will face the tightest security ever seen in the West End. All face a vigorous search when they enter and leave the theatre, any recording equipment will be confiscated and deleted. They will be sworn to secrecy. They must not reveal the plot. 2084 or what! Well we shall see!

All the familiar characters are in the new play, Harry, Ron, Hermione and surprisingly Draco Malfoy along .with his son Scorpius. Scorpius will be joining Albus in their first year at Hogwarts and I suspect it is these two characters who will form the main part of the plot. Scorpius has probably been well schooled by Draco to bring down Harry through Albus, as they will be at Hogwarts together. This would be a good chance for Draco to get his revenge on Harry. This story could go on for years so I expect we can look forward to more books.

As I expected, Scorpius has turned out to be the bright star in the plot. He has been well named.

Apparently Daniel Radcliffe has not ruled out a return to playing an adult Harry Potter, should the Cursed Child come to the screen. "It would depend on the script" he told Radio Times. He could be tempted to return if he was offered the part, he has said. His return to the role really would bring Harry Potter back to life

At last I have been able to buy the latest Harry Potter book, which is the script to the West End play, It is a very impressive hard back edition and very well presented. I can't wait to get stuck into it. It will be good to be back at Hogwarts again.