Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your ideas for forums & sub forums

Living in a Dictatorship, and finding little difference to a democracy.

Default Your ideas for forums & sub forums

Yo Guys,

As I'm now aiming this site to appeal to as many different people as possible, I need to decide what forums to have, without cluttering up the site. Any and all suggestions are as usual, much appreciated.

Default blogs

i'm suggesting a blog forum as seen elsewhere.

you know, where people feel encouraged to write a lengthier, more intimate post about their day or life or dreams or outlook, or even some stream-of-consciousness or prose or poetry. a place for people to reveal themselves more.

each thread would have a single blog (in a link?) headed by their name and a title, and then be followed by the usual array of sweet-sharp-silly-snide comments.

newcomers could visit there and quickly feel much better introduced to the cast of crazies.
    first lady of all-new Talk Uk

It's a great idea, and actually something I've looked into before. I'm just not quite sure how to impliment it. I'll have another look into it.

Congratulations.
    I like the newlook forum Will....I like the "My Posts" feature...and they seem to be more lively right now ....which is good.
    I am confused with the forum structure though, it appears there are duplicate topics, and you are able to arrive at the same topic from different routes.
    Is it just me ?
    I thought I knew more than this...before I started talking

Thank you for the kind praise Bruv.

I think what you are experiencing, is the subforums. You can either click on them to directly access them, or you can access them via their parent forums.

This is a new feature that we didn't have on the old forums.

how's looking into it going mr Will? i think it (see my above post) need not be any more complicated than any other thread or forum.

meanwhile -- also in some foreign forum -- i've seen members can give each other points (available to dispense according to how often they post) to other members, awarded in categories like humour, class, bitch, dickhead, wtf, etcetera. i guess this might cost. but it might encourage people to join, post more often and be more classy, funny or dickheady.

There's no simple way to create indevidual forums or threads that can be used as blogs, it would prove far too impractical. If it were done it would have to be done properly with some software developed to work with VB.
    I'm still looking into it though.

I'm not quite sure what you mean with the points system, but I think most probably no on that one, to be honest.

The points system .....what is the symbol between the online indicator and the Report Bad Post? It says "Add to whoevers reputation" that must be a points type system?
    I thought I knew more than this...before I started talking

hi Will, i'm not sure i'm expressing this well. here's all i mean by the blog forum. all you would need do is open a new forum called, say, 'blogs'. then each inspired member would start a new thread with a singular, maybe lengthy and personal blog. other members would then read it and add their comments in the usual way. etc. i think it would make intimacy.

i could dig out the address of that other forum that uses the points thing but i don't want to encourage members here to defect.
    Last edited by sybylyfyrysms; 04-05-2006 at 12:41 AM.

That way of doing blogs would quickly prove impractical and unbloglike very quickly Syb. Don't despair though, this is a popular request and it's only a matter of time before something comes along that works with VB. I'll continue to look into it.