Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your ideas for forums & sub forums

Hey Will,

As I already mentioned

I think the 'Social Meltdown of Britain' theme should deserve it's own sub section. The forum would become more focussed for hot issues, whilst still being open for any other issues.

Also, my other suggestion is that perhaps we should have a sub section for 'The War on Terror'. So many threads are linked to this massive contemporary issue, but are not placed appropriately.

Living in a Dictatorship, and finding little difference to a democracy.

Don't worry Casp I haven't forgot about it. I'm going to have another reshuffle of the forums soon, and when I do your idea will be in there in some form.

I'm going to revert the sections to like they were when we first began; more politics orientated, the Environment board will be back, as well as other old sections. Then will will have the hot issues section for stuff like your idea, and mine.
    Admin Will - Think for yourself, it hasn't been banned, yet.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Contact me.

Excellent!

This forum would appear so much more focussed if we have a sub-section for the 'Social Meltdown of Britain', and a sub-section for 'The War on Terror'.

Can't wait for the revamp. Also, even though it may take a little time, please put the relevant threads into their corresponding sections once they are created. I would do this myself if I was moderator (even temporary), but I highly doubt people would trust me to do this...

Default Filter the General Section

The 'General' section is cluttered with all sorts of topics. Perhaps 'Race & Religion' sub forum deserves to be a section on it's own as well as the 'UK nanny state/Big Brother' sub forum.

Hi Will,

Here's an idea to improve the forum so that it is more efficiently structured. I know you probably are a shrewd businessman! So I have taken the time myself to devise a plan for a revamp. Please consider my idea below:

Overall plan on the Home Page (UK General)

Retain only the following full sections:

· General – Important for any topics that do not fit appropriately in any other section.

· Public Services – Should also encompass the current law and order section for a more structured and fuller section.

· News – Unnecessary to split this into UK news and world news. It should be used for both domestic and world affairs.

· Politics – Clearly a popular and highly important section that deserves to continue untouched.

All sub sections should be scrapped in favour of creating new full sections including:

· Race and Religion – An often viewed sub section that should have it’s own separate full section.

· Police State – UK nanny state and Big Brother state are similar concepts that are defined under this title.

New full sections should be introduced such as:

· Social Meltdown – Many topics, which are scattered all over in different places around the forum would fit here well.

· War on Terror – Most significant contemporary issue, but perhaps could become a confusing overlap with other associated sections.

As you can see, there really would be small but important changes to the Talk UK forum. However, it would be wise to also place all of the relevant threads into their corresponding sections once they are created. If you can entrust me with the task of sorting this out for you, I will be more than willing to take it on.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Casper; 02-22-2007 at 12:00 AM.

Hi Will,

Here's an idea to improve the forum so that it is more efficiently structured. I know you probably are a shrewd businessman! So I have taken the time myself to devise a plan for a revamp. Please consider my idea below:

Overall plan on the Home Page (UK General)

Retain only the following full sections:

· General – Important for any topics that do not fit appropriately in any other section.

· Public Services – Should also encompass the current law and order section for a more structured and fuller section.

· News – Unnecessary to split this into UK news and world news. It should be used for both domestic and world affairs.

· Politics – Clearly a popular and highly important section that deserves to continue untouched.

All sub sections should be scrapped in favour of creating new full sections including:

· Race and Religion – An often viewed sub section that should have it’s own separate full section.

· Police State – UK nanny state and Big Brother state are similar concepts that are defined under this title.

New full sections should be introduced such as:

· Social Meltdown – Many topics, which are scattered all over in different places around the forum would fit here well.

· War on Terror – Most significant contemporary issue, but perhaps could become a confusing overlap with other associated sections.

As you can see, there really would be small but important changes to the Talk UK forum. However, it would be wise to also place all of the relevant threads into their corresponding sections once they are created. If you can entrust me with the task of sorting this out for you, I will be more than willing to take it on.

What do you think?

I don't know where to start with this. The post is the second thing that comes to mind. The first though was:
    What a sad bastard to take the time and trouble to write the post in the first place, which is actually a well observed analysis of the board, but to go to the length of making it into a kind of project- differently coloured titles, bullet points, well thought out lay-out- it just strikes me as another example of your obsessive desire to be somebody.